Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mordern Gothic Rock Bands

• 01-09-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I've been fan of Fields of The Nephilim for five years now since I discovered 'The Nephilim' album which is an amazing piece. I've got all their albums including 'Mourning Sun' which was a great comeback album in 2005. Since then I've discovered other great bands like NFD, The Mission, Sisters of Mercy, Sons of Neverland, Opened Paradise, Love Like Blood, Nosferatu, Voices of Masada and Elusive. All these bands are truly class, but I'm always searching for more stuff like these bands.

What I'm looking for is gothic rock bands that has an old school sound. What I mean by this is a very metallic guitar sound, but without being metal, just a very hard rocking sound. I hate death rock and I'm not that mad about post punk except for Joy Division.

If you have not heard Fields of The Nephilim, The Mission, Sisters of Mercy, Nosferatu and NFD there is probably no point replying to this thread. Anyway Suggestions would be great.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Give Music Map a whirl with some of those bands you listed to see what comes up. Here is a link for a Fields of The Nephilim for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

malice_ wrote: »
    Give Music Map a whirl with some of those bands you listed to see what comes up. Here is a link for a Fields of The Nephilim for example.

Thanks, it looks quite good.:)

Advertisement