Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Joke In Christinaity Forum

Options
  • 01-09-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

A disturbing joke mocking the Palestinian people was posted by the mod in the christianity forum, I first posted the message 'Quite Distasteful' and later posted that I supported the Palestinian people in their struggle against the terrorist country that is Israel.

My post has been deleted and no doubt a ban is coming, how can a sick joke by a mod be tolerated yet my view deleted as if it never exsited. Quite simply playing god on the mods part. How ironic. I wish to make my complaint known.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I don't think my joke mocked the Palestinian people at all. Are we becoming so PC that someone is going to manufacture contrived indignation every time we try to inject a bit of humour at the beginning of the day?

However, to make sure everyone is equally offended I have posted some other versions that should be equally offensive to Michael Jackson fans, atheists, evangelists, moderators, and very serious posters. So now everybody should be happy, or at least equally unhappy.

Hardrain wrote: »
    My post has been deleted and no doubt a ban is coming, how can a sick joke by a mod be tolerated yet my view deleted as if it never exsited. Quite simply playing god on the mods part. How ironic. I wish to make my complaint known.

Ah, come on now, nobody's going to ban you (well, not for this anyway). Lacking a sense of humour might make for a few awkward social situations, but it's hardly a bannable offence! ;)

It has been brought to my attention this evening that a Palestinian boy was killed in a clash with Israeli Defence Forces earlier. In the light of this I have deleted the thread in question as being insensitive.

Apologies to those who were genuinely offended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement