Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learn to sing at the age of 25, is it possible?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Prob wrong section to ask this question but here goes.

Is it realistic for a person over the age of 25 to learn to sing?

I love singing but am somewhat tone deaf in the respect that i never studied music in any way but always wanted to know how to! I cant even read music but am considering making it a life goal to learn to read music. But singing is my joy. I dont want to sing professionally or anything but at least to be able to sing in tune.

Any advice if it can be done, how i go about it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

I don't think it's ever too late to learn how to sing.I'm 18 and wanna learn to sing as I'm tone deaf aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

There's no right or wrong answer

I'm 21, and did my first course of lessona a few months ago

I did get a bit better, and enjoyed the lessons, but Ive a LONG way to go

So, I guess the answer if you CAN learn, but it depends on your effort/input, how good your teacher is and how often you practice

And dont have stupid expectations. You should be looking to get decent after a YEAR of regular training with a teacher

Get singing for dummies! its a great read, and comes with a CD with most of the warm-ups / technique you do at lessons

Try it out anyways

I went to Waltons School of Music, good prices! :D

Advertisement