Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another shining example of ridiculous moderation

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

Today I was banned from the Creative Writing forum for 6 months(?) for the horrible crime of posting slightly risque haikus.

I would like to know what the "blatant trolling" (the given reason) is, since the attitude in Creative Writing seems to be that most things go. Here is an example of the banning moderator defending another user's poem about "hairy holes" which leaves very little to the imagination. Could we have some consistency, or even proportional punishment here? This style of moderation is once again ridiculous.

Why is a small group of like minded users posting silly haikus unacceptable?
    Sarky wrote:
    This may well be the saddest thing I've ever seen.

F*ck off, the lot of you. Except Boston. <3

It seems everyone has been banned, except for this one user? What is the reasoning behind this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you PM'd the moderator to discuss it?

That's the first step :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It seems everyone has been banned, except for this one user? What is the reasoning behind this one?

I've had enough of you targeting Boston.

I've already had to delete his personal details from this site, which you posted up without his permission.
    I don't know why I didn't site ban you for that at the time.

Needless to say, if you come to my attention again, you're gone.

Oh, and I've seen your 'haiku'.
    If the Mod permabanned you for that, I'd have no problem. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Let's face it, this Boston user had already played the auld "you are a pedophile" move, which brings a thread like that to the stage where anything goes.

Even a PARTIAL personal detail which means nothing except a "back off" to the owner of such.

I also don't understand how this relates to the original post problem, please clarify. Are you saying that this user has an unlimited get-out-of-jail card for whatever, due to history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There are plenty of people on that thread besides Boston I didn't ban. Mostly the ones who weren't being obscene or blatantly having a go at him. There's a pattern there, if you know where to look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Nope, you blindly banned everyone, and only repealed some of them once the complaints started to flow in. Why is there no set of guidelines for mods to follow? All of the bans are pretty arbitrary.

You still haven't commented on why posts in that thread were "obscene", yet discussion of hairy orifices in the same forum is acceptable?

I don't believe anybody who participated in the thread was even offended, could you indicate if you were led to believe otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I am giving Señor Juárez a week off this site to cool his jets.
    I am tired of his low level trolling and he has come across my radar once too often for his own good.

Advertisement