Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIXER SHOWER

Options
  • 01-09-2009 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have a mixer shower that is not mixing. i.e hot water only and it is not mixing in the cold so the hot water is too hot . when i turn to cold water there is no water coming out at all . this happened before but just seemed to sort it self out. its the shower in my ensuite .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Has the shower always been problematic? Normally if the mixer is only giving hot then it means the supply is crossed. Ie hot is feeding where the cold should be, and visa versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 munman

been in the house 5 years and this is the second time this has happened .other than this the shower has run fine. have had no ohter problems with it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is not much information here. Is it a manual brass shower? If so is the wheel in the hot press open far enough. Is it a electric shower.

Does it happen at certain times. ie dinnertime when all the cold water is being drawn off by the taps.

If the mixer is manual have you followed the pipes to see when the plumbing is connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭skingtile

sound like a blockage in your cold water supply, as it happened before and cleared itself ,while your taps can handle a certain amount of sediment your mixer cant, check your tank in attic ,may need to be cleaned out, if no cover on same recommend one you would be surprised what can get in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 munman

Folks, Thanks so much for your replies. Its not a manual brass shower and also it is not an electric shower.
    How do i go about cleaning the tank in the attic?
    do i have to shut off water to the house to do this and empty the tank?

• Advertisement
Advertisement