Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone teaching in Dubai or Abu Dhabi??

• 01-09-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone out there is teaching in these places or about to head out there? Would love to hear your opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cookie6969

A few of my friends went out to Dubai at the of August. They were nervous at first with all the stories you hear but they love it, they said the school they are teaching in is amazing so hi-tech, they each got laptops from the school, their apartment is first class apartments and all paid for, they also have a sauna (not that they need to use it as its so hot there) and a gym on the roof of the apartment block, they get a free bus service to and from the school every day and they dont have to pay tax. They are all having a ball out there, I wish I had of gone now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

who did they go with do you know...what agency??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cookie6969

No agency... the principal from the school came to visit the college last year, they had one interview in Dublin and another phone interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

There were meant to be a lot of jobs this year in the public school system - elementary. Did anyone apply or get job there? The conditions were very good, however, the agency invovled was Canadian and they seemed to be recruiting mostly American/Canadian teachers, though they said they recruited some Irish as well. It seemed their conditions/restrictions eased as the deadline approached. They were looking for 2/3 years of experience along with teacher certification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Hi Guys, can someone post the sites of good/helpful recruitement agencies for teaching abroad, I am registered with on site but they seem to be a bit of a disaster...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭magicwand

Would also be interested in these recruitment websites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

I'd also be interested in this. What sort of salary are these companies paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tif

Dionysus wrote: »
    I'd also be interested in this. What sort of salary are these companies paying?

I find this interesting also and would love information regarding salaries, accommodation, life in Dubai etc would love a change of scenery :D

Advertisement