Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

positive Economic impacts of Lisbon

Options
  • 01-09-2009 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

so now we have Coir claiming (yesterday on today FMs last word programme) that voting NO is good for economy!

with 6000 jobs created due to voting NO last year

of course no source of this claim is provided :rolleyes:

so heres a source that claims thay passing Lisbon would be good for the EU and will create jobs

http://www.cpb.nl/eng/pub/cpbreeksen/document/104/doc104.pdf
    The Lisbon strategy could reinvigorate Europe’s economy and boost employment. In 2000 the
    European leaders agreed to stimulate economic growth and employment and make Europe’s
    economy the most competitive in the world. If Europe would really reach the goals they set,
    Europe’s Gross Domestic Product could increase by 12 to 23% and employment by about 11%.
    This paper draws this conclusion after having analysed five of the most important Lisbon goals:
    the internal market for services, the reduction of administrative burdens, goals on improving
    human capital, the 3% target on research and development expenditures, and the 70% target on
    the employment rate. Using CPB’s general equilibrium model for the world economy we have
    simulated the consequences for Europe of reaching the Lisbon targets in these fields.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

and if we vote no - the eu will work against fixing the economy or work slower?

''targets'' and ''goals'' - can this not be achieved with or without lisbon??

pffff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

and if we vote no - the eu will work against fixing the economy or work slower?

pffff

yes it will work "slower" in some areas such as energy policy since there wont be any without Lisbon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

how will the energy policy increase and stimulate the irish economy?

how will the energy policy increase and stimulate the irish economy?

cheaper energy resulting from cooperation, especially when it comes to gas would lead to money savings

not only in Ireland but across the EU who are our main trading partners, as they say rising waters lift all boats

cheap energy which is of prime concern in alot of industries/business makes it easier to create and/or maintain jobs

for example in my industry, the high energy costs in Ireland make it unattractive to build data centers in Ireland, hence jobs lost to places with cheaper energy (and better bandwidth), hell my own company sends equipment to continent and US since the costs are MUCH cheaper there, this is happening right here now today if energy prices were same or cheaper here than in US or continent then all this equipment and associated investment would stay in Ireland.... and there are other companies in same boat all the way up to the likes of Google with hundreds of thousands of power hungry servers

also

the new provisions for tackling global warming (Article 191(1) TFEU | Article 3(3) TEU | Article 21(2)(d) and (f) TEU ) will mean job creation in green energy production and manufacture of goods to meet new standards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

By Cóir's logic, it also pissed rain all summer because we voted No.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

i will vote no due to Democracy reasons myself the recession is simply not a good enough - intend to read the treaty but will vote no

Keewee6 wrote: »
    i will vote no due to Democracy reasons myself the recession is simply not a good enough - intend to read the treaty but will vote no

so you made up your mind already before reading the literature?

and please do list these "Democracy reasons"

btw way to jump in and try to take the thread off topic, let me remind you that the thread is titled "positive Economic impacts of Lisbon"

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    so you made up your mind already before reading the literature?

and please do list these "Democracy reasons"

btw way to jump in and try to take the thread off topic, let me remind you that the thread is titled "positive Economic impacts of Lisbon"

i know i should - i will - and then vote no - wats the problem

i know i should - i will - and then vote no - wats the problem

please list the "Democratic reasons" you speak of

• Advertisement

please list the "Democratic reasons" you speak of

it was rejected already

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So was divorce.

Stark wrote: »
    So was divorce.

So was Nice treaty as well

and there were two Referendums in Denmark before Maastricht

ok shouldn't have come on to a pro lisbon treaty - sorry - we'll have to to agree to disagree but it was rejected i dont liked being asked to vote twice -

i mean ill read the treaty if ya want but under no circumstances will i vote - im happy with my reason - they satisfy me - i will vote no

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...i dont liked being asked to vote twice
    So don't vote again. You're under no obligation to.

ah well i am goin to vote again obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

ah well i am goin to vote again obviously

Youn didnt read the treaty and your voting no anyway? Will you also vote Fianna Fail next election?

Youn didnt read the treaty and your voting no anyway? Will you also vote Fianna Fail next election?

right ill read the treaty - vote no - and no im not voting FF

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

right ill read the treaty - vote no...
    "I don't care what the question is, the answer is no."

ok

• Advertisement

i saddened to see the thread hijacked offtopic :(

the last few posts further highlights that some NO voters like to wallow in ignorance

oh well its their vote

i saddened to see the thread hijacked offtopic :(

the last few posts further highlights that some NO voters like to wallow in ignorance

oh well its their vote

oh well

Advertisement