Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subway donegal town gone ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Yep, Shapla has closed (was told by one of the staff). The pizza Place was supposed to be a goer but i think there was an objection put it, im not 100% sure on that one though.

Tis a shame cause donegal needs whatever employement it can get but ya cant blame proprieters with the price of rent in some of the units in town!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Eske Pharmacy was still open today though

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I heard that the owner of the subway store is also closing his ballybofey store,

on a side note i travel through donegal town most friday nights and usually pick up a take away, a few weeks ago i was traveling through and fancied a chinese, stopped at the shamrock and ordered whenit came to paying i only had sterling, i asked if they took sterling and the young lad said they did but would not allow me on it.
    I could have went to the bank link and withdrawn euros, but i just told him to keep the food,
    I went up to the other one (cant remember the name) ordered the same food and again asked if they took sterling, again yes but no allowance.
    the bill was €18 so they wanted me to pay £18, i put it on my debit card and it came out at £15.37.

my point is businesses are not doing anything to help themselves, go into strabane and you will see €=£ signs all over, all the businesses on the border give at least 10c on sterling purchases.
    ROI prices are already high enough without penalising people for having sterling.

my 2c

theblueirish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Some pubs in Strabane are doing € - £, and its £2.60 for a pint of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

byte wrote: »
    Aye, but the all-day temptation would be there! :)

Anyway, seems Ed has confirmed its demise. :( Anyone know if the one in Letterkenny is still open?

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hootanany you can troll back in under what ever rock you crawled out from. We dont need you or your smart arsed comments here.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Seen the landlord, out cleaning the front of th building after midnight last night!!!and all the windows are covered up today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was in the town (Donegal Town) for the first day in about a month today, noticed subway was closed, signs down, windows covered over, the lot.

When did this happen, anytime i was ever in it aways seemed to be popular, always had to wait a little while to be served, service was good, etc.

Shame as it was always a good opition if you wanted something quick.

Anywhere else closing, Donegal Town or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Merged with thread as linked to above by irish1967

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

irish1967 wrote: »
    Eske Pharmacy was still open today though
    I was home in November and they were open then.

The mother get's prescriptions from there and seem to like the Chemist, he's young and friendly and appears to be concerned about his customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

muffler wrote: »
    Hootanany you can troll back in under what ever rock you crawled out from. We dont need you or your smart arsed comments here.

I have a problem with you calling me a TROLL what is it please

Pot wrote:
    I have a problem with you calling me a TROLL what is it please
    Troll

2 things:

1. Do not query a mods decisions on thread - read the forum charter

2. Stick to one account.

Now back on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I heard it discussed that the businesses that will be less likely to be affected by the 'downturn' are the ones that either own their premises, or aren't franchises.

Subway is a franchise. When you have the extra expense of having to fork out solely for a name, it would make you want to close up and go it alone under your own name.

http://www.franchiseopportunities.com/Zor_320171/SUBWAY.htm

You wont see the roadside fruit and veg people going under

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

a taximan was telling me the subways in letterkenny are both closed today with notices on the doors saying stocktaking, must be a change of ownership, would suck if we lost two subways in one day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

The Subway in Ballybofey has gone as well! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bohemianbond

good for us, our health is our wealth, and subway never contributed positively towards that...expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I think that closed for stock taking sign has been up for a few days now.
    In Letterkenny i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Heard from a friend that theyve closed down both stores in the town..they'll probably be back eventually but for now theyre gone indefinitely.

Strange as the one on the main street in particular was always busy

Advertisement