Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

usb drive problem

• 01-09-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Im just writing to see if anyone has seen this problem b4.I have a pc at home
    which has a number of usb drives.Up until recently all of these drives were working fine.However a few days ago someone else was using my computer to
    charge an ipod via one of the drives.Since then all of the drives have stopped working and will not recognise flash disks or anything else i put into them.After I tried putting a flash disk a message flashed on the screen saying something like "power surge in usb drive".This is very problematic for me because both my mouse and internet cable plug into usb drives so I have no mouse or internet atm.Anyway Im not sure how to fix this myself so maybe someone reading who has seen this problem b4 could suggest a reliable method.Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

I had a surge myself at the weekend, but a restart sorted it out for me. Turns out that the plastic pin inside the port (the one with the 4 contacts on it) had broken, but whatever way the cable I was plugging into it, I think 2 of the contacts may have touched. Might be worth powering down, unplugging from the mains for a few minutes, and trying it again.

Is it a back or front panel port? If it's a front panel, MAYBE by disconnecting the fronts from the motherboard may sort out the ones from the back. If they're still fried, you could look into getting a PCI USB card, otherwise it's a new motherboard, I think. Never had the problem before myself, but going to do a bit of googling to see if I can dig out some info.

Advertisement