Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom latest map download problem

Options
  • 01-09-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I signed up to their 1 year Map Guarantee promo (if you want to call it that) a few months ago. Yesterday when I connected to Home, I was prompted to download their latest UK & Ireland map (v835.2420). Anyway I removed the older map from the device to make space, then attempted the download. My rubbish internet connection timed out and the download failed. When I re-attempted, the latest map was not offered as a download. I have re-connected the device and selected update a few times since, but it's like they are telling me...tough luck, you had one shot and now you messed it up so take a hike. I have sent them an email and am waiting for a reply. Don't have much confidence in them though. Any know where is my bloody map?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Map is matched to your deviceMake sure the device is connected & you are logged in.

Click on Update my device. It should offer it to you.
    If not click on add traffice voices etc> Items on my computer & see is map there.
    Finally try Manage My Go & check Items on Computer vs Items on My Device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

koolkid wrote: »
    The Map is matched to your deviceMake sure the device is connected & you are logged in.

Thanks Koolkid,

Yep, have done that and can confirm the program is working ok.
    Click on Update my device. It should offer it to you.

Have tried that a few times. It is not offering the latest map anymore. When I click on "Use the latest Map Guarantee" option in the tools menu, it is telling me: You are not eligible for a free map download because either the 30 day period has expired for your navigation device or your device was not sold with the latest map guarantee".
    If not click on add traffice voices etc> Items on my computer & see is map there.

Done that, and the older version of the map is there. Thanks again, at least I have something as I need the GPS tomorrow. However still no sign of the new one. Remember the download failed so I'm assuming I just don't have it anywhere on my computer.
    Finally try Manage My Go & check Items on Computer vs Items on My Device

Just did that..same result. No map on my device and the old one on the computer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Incidently.. If you remove the map from your device & move it from the location its stored on your PC (dont delete it just hide it) Does it offer your esisting map for download.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I've never had to remove a map to install a new one, TT Home did that automagically...

Try This.
    Run TomTom Home.
    Goto Tools>Preferences>Folder Tab here make a note of the downloads folder . Relative to that folder maps will be located /complete/map .
    Cut the map folder from this location & safe onto your desk top.
    Cut the map folder from your device & paste to another safe location.
    Now with no map on your device & none in the specified folder TomTom should offer one for download. If it offers the older one (830) then you need to contact TomTom with your reciept number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

testicle wrote: »
    I've never had to remove a map to install a new one, TT Home did that automagically...

Got it sorted by fluke. Re-installed the older version of the map as I needed the GPS this morning. Later, when I connected to Home, the new map was then offered so I downloaded it successfully. It didn't ask me to free up space on the SD card. So I needed the old map for the new one to be offered. No map on device = no new one offered.
    Thanks all for helping me sort it.

Ur welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I also signed up for the TomTom map updates for 12 months. I dowloaded the new map but it soesnt seem to be very up to date. Is there a lag with the new maps? Is the new road to Dublin from Cork for example supposed to be on it?

Maps are roughly every 3 months. But it can take a number of updates to see changes come trough

Advertisement