Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig 'rules'

Options
  • 01-09-2009 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hi censors,

I'd like to change my sig, but I've fallen foul of the sig police before (prob. ManUPool fans), so could I get a bit of advice?

At the risk of re-starting a 'debate' as to the existence of rules on boards.ie, er, where can I see the rules on this? I've done a quick search and can't find any.

Here's what I'd like to incorporate into my current sig (as I think it's an issue worth supporting) while not sacrificing too much of what's there.

afhsna.png
    Sig this if you believe the moderation system on boards.ie is systematically flawed/inconsistent/counterproductive, and in need of complete reform.

TIA.

PS: I wonder if this one will be deleted too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think yours was deleted because it had a quote in it which is not allowed.
    Cloud wrote: »
    Okay, there are a lot of BIG signatures appearing so I am reposting the guidelines in a more prominent place.

Since we have enabled images in people's signatures, I would like to suggest the following guidelines be strictly followed in order to ensure that your signature image does not impede the enjoyment of others.

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits.

• For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [noparse]
      [/noparse] tags.
    • For images in signatures: Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

Please make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain profanity, bigotry, racism, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others. While we do not come out and suggest that this site is "family friendly" in nature, we do not want this to be interpreted as an open floodgate for sensitive material. IF WE GET A COMPLAINT, IT WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Please also make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain any nuisance links.

You're sig should NOT be a giant advertisment for anything. We'll just cut it. A subtle link to something you run online if fine. Use commonsense. [Addition 09.02.07 - just to confirm that referral links are not allowed due to additional forum spam]. Centred, glowing, blinking ads will be deleted without notice. You have been warned.

I am hoping that by making this compromise we will, in fact, be able to appease almost everyone. However, if things start to get out of control and the signature facility is being constantly abused, we will have to disable it.

Thanks,

John / Cloud.
    --

This is also linked to in the Sigpo thread on the Feedback forum btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Gordon wrote: »
    I think yours was deleted because it had a quote in it which is not allowed.
    Don't think so...
    This is also linked to in the Sigpo thread on the Feedback forum btw.

Thanks for copying. I'm banned from Feedback (must have been providing the wrong sort).

It doesn't say anything about the number of images, so I presume 2 is ok provided they are within the size limits?

What exactly is the sig?

I was hoping to combine the Reform sig with the FP one, side by side, making each smaller if necessary.

OK, just keep the rules in mind and you should be grand.

• Advertisement

Thanks Gordon. Project in hand. Watch this space (or the space beneath) :)

Advertisement