Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live broadband usage

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ok kool,could anyone estimate how much you would use up in say 5 hours of cod,not hosting of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ok kool,could anyone estimate how much you would use up in say 5 hours of cod,not hosting of course.

125 megs every 5 hours or so, just on download, the same on upload. I wasn't too far off, that's 40 hours play per gig and twenty hours per gig if your ISP includes upload in your monthly cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    I think it's something like 5 hours or 4.5 hours per GB. To be honest I game constantly and download ****loads gigs of stuff from torrents and rapidshare share everyday! Probably way over the limit. Eircom don't give a **** though so neither do I. Although the pirate bay isn't working for me anymore? Anyone any idea what thats about?

eircom charge you €2 for every gb you go over.

Check your bill, if your going over believe me eircom will be charging you for it(as they were with me)

Download the usage thingy off the eircom website, its handy for keeping an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

eircom charge you €2 for every gb you go over.

Check your bill, if your going over believe me eircom will be charging you for it(as they were with me)

Download the usage thingy off the eircom website, its handy for keeping an eye on it.

Is that after they switched you to NGB? As of my last bill they're not charging me for going well over it, I'm in an area that won't be getting NGB for quite a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Also just wondering does anyone know of some program you can use to monitor your broadband usage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

there is a feature on dd-wrt with can monitor internet use by all devices on your network

but dd-wrt only works with some routers

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

other programs can only monitor the computer its installed on.

also to note 1 hour of online gaming only uses approximately 4.6mb

Advertisement