Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transport Options - Clondalkin to Dublin Docks

• 01-09-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

I'll be starting work in a couple of months and have to commute by public transport after getting use to driving the last few years.

Options are:

1) The 151 that'd take me 12-15minutes to walk to and probably up to an hour to get to Spencer Dock.

2) The train. I'm a five minute walk from the train station. It takes 15 minutes to get into Hueston. Luas all the way up to the docks. I've never got on the Luas in the morning rush hour so I'd have no idea of how long it'd take me.

3) Cycle.

Option 2 would be the handiest. Ideally I'd get the train to Heuston and cycle on up to the docks if possible. Are you allowed bikes on trains over here? Also will the Clondalkin have a higher frequency in the future? (edit: there's trains arriving into Heuston at 7.25,7.40 and 8.18)

If anyone has info basically on the rail line having a higher frequency and the luas c1 expected completion date that'd be great.

*post a bit over the place! In a bit of rush writing it at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where are you going to in the docks?

Luas is expected to be complete towards the end of the year, with public operations from December / January.

Luas is very busy between Heuston an City Centre.

The train schedule Clondalkin-Heuston will improve, but I don't know when. There might be some minor changes in annual timetable change in December.

There is bicycle parking at Docklands Station, in the arches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Thanks, I'll be going to Spencer Dock in one of the big offices. There's a Luas stop planned just behind it supposedly.

I think it's probably best to think about getting a road bike for now and see how I get on with that. Should be able to hit the docks in about 40 minutes I imagine.

Is it okay to bring a bike on-board a train? If I could do that it'd be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 151 goes right past Spencer Dock. www.mkmap.com/dublin

You will most likely have problems with the bike on the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

Heuston is also served by the 90 bus which will take you to Spencer Dock (same stop as the 151). The 90 runs frequently from 6.45am to 10am. There is a bus lane the length of the quays which gives it a clear run to Eden Quay. There can often be delays at Custom House Quay though.

Coming home would involve the 151, which is every quite frequent.

Once the Luas is extended, you could get the 51, 51B, 51C, 68 or 69 from Clondalkin to Bluebell and change to Luas here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Could you not leave the bicycle in Heuston overnight? There are storage facilities beside the car park.

That way you could get the train to/from Heuston and then cycle it from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement