Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The art of DOWNGRADING???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Phractal wrote: »
    TNTQ - you hit it in one. The piston volume must be equal to, or greater than, the barrel volume. Basic pneumatics! Otherwise vaccum formation, suckback phenomenon, and loss in velocity. Also even if you port the barrel the rest of barrel is friction, lowering velocity!

It's common knowledge for some:) Piston cylinder corelation. Regarding The friction in the barrel. I recommend KM Head Barrels teflon coated. In my humble oppinion best barrels on the market. It's not always about the inner diameter, but also finish of barrel inner surface.

@Dread-Lock: I wouldn't cut barrel. If something I would CNC machine it, but as far as I'm concern would be cheaper to get different barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Um guys... this is why they invented 'vented' cylinders.... Dont vent your barrel ffs *facepalm*

Tbh, anything over 500mm barrel length is unneeded in airsoft, and wont make a blind bit of difference unless you wish to poke your opponent into submission...
    I recommend KM Head Barrels teflon coated. In my humble oppinion best barrels on the market.
    Planning on stocking those?

Its also perfectly simple to cut your barrel... Tape (electrical around the cut site, mark on the line in the tape, and cut.... ) Then, use a craft knife (it does work) and a sharp blade to crown the barrel yourself. Done. Obviously dont do this when it's IN the gun.... and clean it afterwards to make sure no warf is left inside the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i like the mad bull barels, they have a great finnish and make your aeg very consistant! iv used them in 5/6 aegs with good results,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

thermo wrote: »
    i like the mad bull barels, they have a great finnish and make your aeg very consistant! iv used them in 5/6 aegs with good results,,,,,,,

Where did you get the madbull barrels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Firekitten wrote: »
    Um guys... this is why they invented 'vented' cylinders.... Dont vent your barrel ffs *facepalm*

Tbh, anything over 500mm barrel length is unneeded in airsoft, and wont make a blind bit of difference unless you wish to poke your opponent into submission...

Planning on stocking those?

Its also perfectly simple to cut your barrel... Tape (electrical around the cut site, mark on the line in the tape, and cut.... ) Then, use a craft knife (it does work) and a sharp blade to crown the barrel yourself. Done. Obviously dont do this when it's IN the gun.... and clean it afterwards to make sure no warf is left inside the barrel.

We acctually stock them, and I recommend them not be cause we have them in offer, but those are simply outstanding. (we are in the process of adding products to the web)

And I've to dissagree regarding the lenght of the barrel. It have massive impact on performance of replica, but have to be combined with proper cylinder to most of it.

BR,

• Advertisement

Where did you get the madbull barrels?

i got them in MIA they usually have a good selection of barel lengths in :D

i got them in MIA they usually have a good selection of barel lengths in :D

I can't find them on their website, are they just availabe in the walk in shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

You can order Madbull barrels off of http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk, or ask any of the irish retailers if they have them available (either in stock, or to order in).

I'm currently getting a madbull tightbore installed in my JG M4 through Eirsoft, so I'll let you know how it fares:)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

TNTQ wrote: »
    And I've to dissagree regarding the lenght of the barrel. It have massive impact on performance of replica, but have to be combined with proper cylinder to most of it.

In all honesty, your not going to see any significant increases at all over 363mm onwards.

I can't find them on their website, are they just availabe in the walk in shop?

yeah just in the shop, you could ring them and find out???

• Advertisement

yeah just in the shop, you could ring them and find out???

Will do just that, tomorrow :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Beast ASI wrote: »
    In all honesty, your not going to see any significant increases at all over 363mm onwards.

Yeah i agree,
    in around the 360-400mmish mark the advantages of longer barrels get less and less noticeable., Id concentrate on having a good smooth, clean barrel and a decent hopup over longer barrels., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

A vented cylinder merely seems to lower the pressure in the barrel if I understand it correctly, and this will still leave the friction bit. I reckon a long stroke piston, perfectly matched barrel length and piston cylinder volume, good crowning (actually crowning is an interesting subject - no crown WOULD be the best but is not practical according to many ballistics technicians, the crowning is only out of necessity.) a teflon coated barrel seems like a good idea but wear would reduce its life, so maybe just a normal tight barrel and perhaps a teflon coating to the BB's? Or one of them twist barrels. A good hopup seems like a neseccity to me, and after that just apply the laws of physics :D.

The less friction in the barrel the better, and the higher pneumatic efficiency of the system is of great importance. putting good backspin via good hopup seems to be a key point - I think the 'rifling' effect of the twist barrel gives good horizontal stability - or am I completely on the wrong track?

Oh, I may add that this is the subject of LONG and protracted discussion on many Finnish airsoft forums according to my friends there, and often they come to same conclusions as us.

Advertisement