Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 4 whats the big deal ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

SP was great. I really liked the spectre gunship level for example. It was completely unexpected, fun and could have been footage from Sky News it was that well made.

I also liked that sniper level. Really well executed.

Thought mp was a bit pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Maximilian wrote: »
    Thought mp was a bit pants.

Can you give reasons as I generally struggle to see this? (not being smart or anything and I respect your opinion and my tone is one of complete civility)

Was it the maps?
    The Choppers and air strikes?
    The game modes?
    The levelling system?

What didn't you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Vegeta wrote: »
    Can you give reasons as I generally struggle to see this? (not being smart or anything and I respect your opinion and my tone is one of complete civility)

Was it the maps?
    The game modes?
    The levelling system?

What didn't you like?

The people, the pace and my god after years of CSS im too slow to use iron sights in multiplayer as fast as this :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Was it the maps?
    The game modes?
    The levelling system?

What didn't you like?

I dunno, I just didn't like the feel of it. There didn't seem to be much by way of tactical options in it. Just running and gunning. There were a bunch of other mp games out at the time I recall and I found them far more enjoyable.

Did I miss something? You seem to be fond of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

It's a very acessible game. I'm not a fan, everyone just hides in corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It looked great when it came out. But I just didnt have the money to spend on compatible hardware (including a console) and frankly I still dont have anything that would do it any justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I played BF2 quite a bit, I found this site through BF2. Remember playing a boards league of it. Was on Zillah's team, the guy was a machine.

I ws on that team too, we were team awesome we beat a clan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Maximilian wrote: »
    I dunno, I just didn't like the feel of it. There didn't seem to be much by way of tactical options in it. Just running and gunning. There were a bunch of other mp games out at the time I recall and I found them far more enjoyable.

Did I miss something? You seem to be fond of it.

Ah I am not trying to convert you or anything but I am indeed very fond of realistic (in computer game land) FPS games. That means a few bullets to put an enemy down, realistic guns and weapons etc etc

That's why I like BF2, CS, Americas Army (AA) etc on the PC.

As my PC died a few years ago I have played consoles exclusively since and this game is as close to any of the above that I have played. So I suppose that's why I like it. It plays very similarly to my old favourites on PC.

You're right though just logging on and playing it can be very run and gun but like all squad FPS games you can play with a clan or a few friends and use tactics to your advantage.

Advertisement