Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going from a D3 to 5D. First shot

• 01-09-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

I swapped my D3 & kit for a 5D and some lenses. Out using it for the first time today. Nothing is in the right place...my fingers are lost on the 5D body. I'm still getting used to the lenses I got with it. It's just not intuitive to me yet!

3879041554_36e2b5f39d.jpg

Only swapped for a week with a work friend, he's shooting his friends wedding this weekend as a 2nd shooter and wanted to use my D3 and my bigger selection of faster lenses to make his first wedding shoot a bit easier/less stressful....switching to Canon....God no! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Had me fooled for a minute Pete, all systems are hard to figure at first but you soon get used to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

pete4130 wrote: »
    I swapped my D3 & kit for a 5D and some lenses. Out using it for the first time today. Nothing is in the right place...my fingers are lost on the 5D body. I'm still getting used to the lenses I got with it. It's just not intuitive to me yet!
    i know what thats like, i went out last night to help a friend with his white balance problem in low light and looked like a complete noob, i ddint know where a thing on his camera was as i use canon and him a nikon... but we got it sorted.

nice shot btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Whenever I change cameras I find as many youtube tutorials as I can and sit for the whole evening going over everything one by one. It doesnt matter how well you know one camera changing is hard! Like the shot though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Your friend could have a tough time at the wedding with a new camera to figure out! Whatever about a landscape etc where you have plenty time to get your head around where the buttons are, at a wedding you have half a second and the moment is gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

with the 1d series it takes a while to learn the multiple combinations holding/pressing of buttons, can be tricky when youre drunk

Ive never used a nikon, i dont really like the shape/style of the d3 and d700 but I like them as cameras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Why would you get rid of the best D-SLR available??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

to help a friend out! (read his small text)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Yeah it's just for this weekend with a few days for each of us to acclimatise to different cameras. He's already said he's not giving it back and finds it so easy to use. I'm sort of struggling on the other hand a little. The 5D is a great camera without a doubt. I guess the smaller body doesn't allow for dedicated buttons for specific functions. It's fun having it though. I love using new/different cameras as a little challenge to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Try switching "up" ;) - recently migrated to a D90 from a D40 and all the extra switches/buttons etc do take some getting use to. I'm sure I'll be a bit faster changing the settings eventually but right now I still want to dive into a menu instead of hold down 3 buttons/switches :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I was just about to ask were you crazy until I read the smaller print lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Sorry - I did not read the small text as it just looked like a signature! You're forgiven....

Advertisement