Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Millions 28th August 2009

Options
  • 01-09-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Did anyone out there have a problem getting paid out on the Euromillions last Friday (28.08.09)????

Aertel Page 151 published the Euromillions PLUS draw as 8-22-33-45-49 which meant I had won 20 euro for getting 3 numbers. However when i went to get paid out they told me that i had not got a winning ticket. I thought nothing more of it and bought the Irish Daily Star before leaving the shop (with my ticket in my pocket still). When i got home to read the paper i noticed that the Star had also published the above numbers meaning i had won 20 quid and when i checked aertel again the 49 had changed to a 46 mean that I won nothing and people who had won 500,000 jackpot prize now would only be collecting 2,000 a HUGE difference of 498,000. and People who had got 4 numbers who would be expecting 2,000 would now only be collecting 20 euro. and people like me would be collecting nothing. The change also meant that NOBODY won the top prize of 500,000

Its not about the 20 euro its the principle that it is unreal how the euromillions can be fixed like this . I informed the star newspaper of the error but no apology was published. And I was actually CUT OFF the Adrian Kennedy Phone Show on Dublins FM104 as he said i was "digging a big hole for him" by talking about this matter.

Is freedom of speech really dead????

The numbers drawn were :

Euromillions Main Draw : 8 - 36 - 37 - 41 - 49 Lucky Stars 5 - 7
    Euromillions Plus Draw : 8 - 22 -33 - 45 - 49(which was later changed to 46)

Can anyone who has had the same problem please reply and let me know that I'm not alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

dolongit wrote: »
    Did anyone out there have a problem getting paid out on the Euromillions last Friday (28.08.09)????

Aertel Page 151 published the Euromillions PLUS draw as 8-22-33-45-49 which meant I had won 20 euro for getting 3 numbers. However when i went to get paid out they told me that i had not got a winning ticket. I thought nothing more of it and bought the Irish Daily Star before leaving the shop (with my ticket in my pocket still). When i got home to read the paper i noticed that the Star had also published the above numbers meaning i had won 20 quid and when i checked aertel again the 49 had changed to a 46 mean that I won nothing and people who had won 500,000 jackpot prize now would only be collecting 2,000 a HUGE difference of 498,000. and People who had got 4 numbers who would be expecting 2,000 would now only be collecting 20 euro. and people like me would be collecting nothing. The change also meant that NOBODY won the top prize of 500,000

Its not about the 20 euro its the principle that it is unreal how the euromillions can be fixed like this . I informed the star newspaper of the error but no apology was published. And I was actually CUT OFF the Adrian Kennedy Phone Show on Dublins FM104 as he said i was "digging a big hole for him" by talking about this matter.

Is freedom of speech really dead????

The numbers drawn were :

Euromillions Main Draw : 8 - 36 - 37 - 41 - 49 Lucky Stars 5 - 7
    Euromillions Plus Draw : 8 - 22 -33 - 45 - 49(which was later changed to 46)

Can anyone who has had the same problem please reply and let me know that I'm not alone.

Are you for real ? was the draw not on TV ?

did you actually watch the draw ? (its live on tv isnt it ?)

it sounds like it was an error on Aertel - which the star copied..... no big deal....no need for an apology, not a huge conspiracy and definately not "fixed"

Seriously - do you really think they changed the numbers so less people would win ... if they were going to do that they would simply just have chosen the lowest combination winners before any of the numbers were drawn :eek::rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not a thread for the gambling forum. Check the official Euromillions website for the official numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement