Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in the Devil?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Quint wrote: »
    Here's proof gods ma exists

Wow, I'm an atheist but that has me stumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Jakkass wrote: »

The Bible isn't proof. It's a hypothesis.

You say that a lot and it just doesn't make any sense. I can't by any definition of the word "hypothesis" really see how it makes sense. The bible is a collection of stories none which are theory based on observation or a reasonable expectation of events past. It is not any form of "hypothesis" can you define the word because it doesn't make sense yet you keep on repeating it. It appears to be a slogan rather than any logical argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

i dont believe because if there is a god he a very cruel one thats for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I cannot believe in something like the devil, since i'm not religious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Will it be upgraded to a class 2 relic like the holy stone of clonrichert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You're having a laugh now Sam. If you don't know anything about the promotion of atheism and the persecution of religious belief in the Soviet Union, that is for you to research. It isn't for me to inform you about.
    If you want to bring in state-sponsored atheism, I'll bring in state-sponsored Catholicism which, like how atheism in the USSR is not really atheism, is not really Catholicism. I doubt God even knows how many Chinese die every year with the help of the state-sponsored Catholic people (not to be confused with the Catholic people in China, who follow the popes message).

Oh, and Stalin had a habit of killing his best generals, thinking that they were plotting against him.

=-=

Hitler: Sorry God, that I didn't kill enough juice who didn't believe in your son popping down for a wee chat.
    God: Ah, maybe next time. But since you're sorry, go on in.

Michael Collins: I'm not sorry I killed those British to gain freedom of my people
    God: To hell you go...

Ah sure, once you're sorry, you can get in...
    I'd hammer my nail into that. Great place to hang a pentagram, or something.
    God is a God that works through people. It's the way that God operates. He has a relationship with us and we choose in turn to respond to this relationship in the due hope that it will make this world a better place. In effect that is what Christianity is.
    God did a most excellent job through Hitler... nearly got rid of all of the juice that didn't believe in Jesus...
    Take a look at these pictures from the world trade centre
    I see Allah. And since Allah is god, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

No more than I believe in god, or heaven or hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

he is great in reaper, probably the best part of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Franciszka

Yes I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fulltimeride

The devil does not have to be a single evil person.In the bible I think they mean its the evil in all of use not in a singlar person.This is like my Junior Cert. Religion project when we had to see the differnces in the faith of an adult and that of a child.I learnt from it hell does not have to be thousands of feet under are feet but on this earth for people that have cancer,AIDS or anything else that will kill them slowly and painly.Thats hell and a single person did not cause it.I know this post is strange but think about it and you will know what i mean.That the devil is in all of us in some form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Franciszka

Sorry, yes I do! English needs work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Theres no such thing as the Devil in Ireland

But there plenty of lil DIVVILS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

the_syco wrote: »
    If you want to bring in state-sponsored atheism, I'll bring in state-sponsoredCatholicism which, like how atheism in the USSR is not really atheism, is not really Catholicism. I doubt God even knows how many Chinese die every year with the help of the state-sponsored Catholic people (not to be confused with the Catholic people in China, who follow the popes message).

Oh, and Stalin had a habit of killing his best generals, thinking that they were plotting against him.

=-=

Hitler: Sorry God, that I didn't kill enough juice who didn't believe in your son popping down for a wee chat.
    God: Ah, maybe next time. But since you're sorry, go on in.

Michael Collins: I'm not sorry I killed those British to gain freedom of my people
    God: To hell you go...

Ah sure, once you're sorry, you can get in...

I'd hammer my nail into that. Great place to hang a pentagram, or something.

God did a most excellent job through Hitler... nearly got rid of all of the juice that didn't believe in Jesus...

I see Allah. And since Allah is god, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

I see this topic had been godwin-ed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

I remember a priest once told me it's good to turn the other cheek. He was a fan of S and M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gumballz

I do believe in devil but not in ghost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

No.

The devil is neither being nor beast, but a state of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

So God is very much in Afghanistan, Iraq, and in the third world.

Sleeping on the job?

Advertisement