Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Web Building sites, no code? Any suggestions

• 01-09-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi All

Myself and a friend want to build a site, is there any recomendations on online web buildering sites that dont really require programming? We would like to have a forum in it. We dont mind paying a minimal subscription, if it takes of we'll redesign and pay for a right programmed site. Any suggestions, theres a lot out there looked at www.doodlekit.com for example but they can be expensive @$99/month...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

If you want to set up a forum site you better off steering clear of sites like http://www.doodlekit.com/home.

Forum software like phpbb is free and all you need is a hosting service, domain name and then install it on the domain and voilà you have a forum platform. For a 100 Euro you would be up and running.

That is the easy part - now try and get members - that is where you have to work REALLY hard.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I tend to point people toward Squarespace. Might be what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Alot of hosting companies tend to include website building software and forums as part of the hosting package which you can easily set-up via their web absed control panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

A friend just sent me this today. It's simple, drag and drop to make a web site. Want a forum, just drag one onto a page. Peasy.

http://www.weebly.com/

Advertisement