Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The time is now.

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Right ,do we now accept that not only have we got the politicians we deserve but also we are paying them as if they are mini gods.People say if you reduce their salaries,they will leave their devotion to their country and Ireland will be a much poorer place without them.Sorry,I got carried away there.I bet anybody that if a top salary of 100000 euro was offered to someone to run this country and 50000 to ministers and tds,in 6 months we would have a better country than we have had for the past 2 years.Its time for revolution.Kick out the fat cats,pelt them with turnips and let some RELIABLE people run the country.Send those idiots to 1 of the offshore islands and let them play as being politicians there.Sorry poor islanders for what I am posting on you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

miseeire wrote: »
    Right ,do we now accept that not only have we got the politicians we deserve but also we are paying them as if they are mini gods.People say if you reduce their salaries,they will leave their devotion to their country and Ireland will be a much poorer place without them.Sorry,I got carried away there.I bet anybody that if a top salary of 100000 euro was offered to someone to run this country and 50000 to ministers and tds,in 6 months we would have a better country than we have had for the past 2 years.Its time for revolution.Kick out the fat cats,pelt them with turnips and let some RELIABLE people run the country.Send those idiots to 1 of the offshore islands and let them play as being politicians there.Sorry poor islanders for what I am posting on you.

Number 9, number 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

Salvelinus wrote: »
    Number 9, number 9

normal english,or even irish, if you please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Good points there poster, good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,314 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

/twitch

/twitch

/twitch

Oh.

So.

If I don't pay say, John McCain, enough money, he'll go be a treasurer for Saudi Arabia?

Whoever dreamt that notion needs to be tripped off their ****ing bar stool.

You should - im led to believe - want to help govern your own ****ing country. Are they - whoever dreamt this notion - saying we shouldnt expect politicians to want to govern out of a love for country or a desire to make things in their community (and by extenstion their country) better - but rather a love for money?

....Good sir, are you f*cking kidding me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

Overheal wrote: »
    /twitch

/twitch

/twitch

Oh.

So.

If I don't pay say, John McCain, enough money, he'll go be a treasurer for Saudi Arabia?

Whoever dreamt that notion needs to be tripped off their ****ing bar stool.

You should - im led to believe - want to help govern your own ****ing country. Are they - whoever dreamt this notion - saying we shouldnt expect politicians to want to govern out of a love for country or a desire to make things in their community (and by extenstion their country) better - but rather a love for money?

....Good sir, are you f*cking kidding me?

And your barstool:D,good sir,is missing your eloquent company.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

And your barstool:D,good sir,is missing your eloquent company.

Nice one my republican friend....and where ? pray are you coming from and what is your point (if any).

Hmm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This thread is treading over old arguments and none too well at that.

The second one above is the rationale for closure. Better suited to a blog somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement