Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP's in drogheda co.louth

• 01-09-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

well ive about had it with eircom and they crap service the last 9-10 months and am ditching them as soon as my contract is up, their internet cencership really is the last straw, im paying for access to the hole internet, and wont accept anything less!

im on the 7mb package and most nights the last 2 months i have been getting speeds below 1MB if im lucky with teh lowest speed recorded at 0.11mb!! why should i pay top money for such a crap service?

my line stats arnt that bad ether so im willing to try a diff company thru the same line

ISP's that are out of the question are any mobile provider, irish broadband (as ive had nothing but trouble from them too) does that leave me with many other ISP's in the area thats worth a go?

heres my line stats just in case anyone asks

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 7168 384
    SN Margin (dB) 9.00 18.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 29.00 15.00
    CRC Errors 9 1

Thanks in advance

Daz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

anyone no???

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Salty Dog

I'm with BT and the "quality" of service is non existant. Line is up and down like a yo yo and when it is up the speed is no where near that advertised. Not sure what has happened but in the last 2-3 months service has been rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Digiweb Metro is available in Drogheda - have you tried them?

No landline required

35notout wrote: »
    Digiweb Metro is available in Drogheda - have you tried them?

No landline required

nope i havnt tried them, but are they any use?@ dont wanna get stuck into another 12 month contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 annaarbas

dazdrog wrote: »
    well ive about had it with eircom and they crap service the last 9-10 months and am ditching them as soon as my contract is up, their internet cencership really is the last straw, im paying for access to the hole internet, and wont accept anything less!

im on the 7mb package and most nights the last 2 months i have been getting speeds below 1MB if im lucky with teh lowest speed recorded at 0.11mb!! why should i pay top money for such a crap service?

my line stats arnt that bad ether so im willing to try a diff company thru the same line

ISP's that are out of the question are any mobile provider, irish broadband (as ive had nothing but trouble from them too) does that leave me with many other ISP's in the area thats worth a go?

heres my line stats just in case anyone asks

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 7168 384
    SN Margin (dB) 9.00 18.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 29.00 15.00
    CRC Errors 9 1

Thanks in advance

Daz

Hi Daz,

im a customer of Eircom and since june i have the same problem but i give them a call everyday n i have abt 17 complaint ref`s, but Daz if you speak to Eircom broadband Support tell them that you wanna speak with any manager and if you r lucky they let you n explain him abt your problem n im sure you dont have to pay them ur broadband charges, same as i do, i dont pay for my broadband since past 4months and im gonna wait for another week and im going to end my contract with Eircom as im dint fenished Eircom year contract but still we are eligible to end contract as they cant provide us the proper service what they suppose to, i was talking to a consumer agency n they told me that i can cancel my contract if im not getting the proper service. so dont waste your money n just stand up for this snatchers, till we dont speak they keep robbing us. So All people be aware of this EIRCOM coz this guys to the hidden robbers.

Mohammed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

No asdl2 or upc. fecking weird, because they would make a bomb. Instead drogheda is stuck with adsl, feck all else..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's a mystery as to why LLU doesn't exist (I won't even bother referring to BT's LLU ADSL equipment) in Drogheda. We'll all have to wait until BT expand their 24 mbps service. I don't think we can hope on Smart (though a Louth-based company with plenty of east coast connectivity taking them over may change that), Magnet seem to have a very slow rollout and BT/Vodafone have a rollout plan for ADSL2+ but that will be over the next year.

True cable never existed in Drogheda as it is easy to receive NI TV signals in the majority of the town. There was no market for 15-20 paid TV channels when people could get the basic 8 for free. Same applies across the border area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

CutzEr wrote: »
    No asdl2 or upc. fecking weird, because they would make a bomb. Instead drogheda is stuck with adsl, feck all else..
    well magnet coming to drogheda but not till late 2010 because project kevin going to run through drogheda to connect up the north and dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The ESB fibre already goes through Drogheda, but in a prime example of uselessness there is no way to actually connect to it in the substation. The fibre just passes through the station. The situation may have changed in recent months, but the ESB website indicates there are only connection points in Dundalk and Dublin.

BT fibre also goes to Drogheda itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

rob808 wrote: »
    well magnet coming to drogheda but not till late 2010 because project kevin going to run through drogheda to connect up the north and dublin
    Good to know, thanks..

• Advertisement

gonna give this a bump as my contract with eircom is up next month and im booting eircom as they are incresing the prices on my bill and takin away my free meteor calls

so what does that leave me with? whats vodafone like? 14 euro cheaper too

i see digiweb do a 12Mb down 1Mb upload for under 60 euro (less then im paying for eircom's 7Mb package)

whats digiweb like?

also whats the craic with this wimax crap?

Advertisement