Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothhounds

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has caught these from the shore this year. I am not looking for a secific mark as I appreciate that it will prevent a place from being overfished, if this place exists! It is just that I am envious of articles appearing in fishing magazines with these fish being caught off the coast of Britain. If somebody has caught them off the southcoast or indeed anywhere from a beach in Ireland please let me know if only to add it on to my list of species for next year. It will give me something to ponder over the winter months!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

any of the wexford beaches will throw them up now,
    fish crab baits into the evening over high tide

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

Thanks for that dbrock. To be more specific, do you know if they make an appearance in the Cork area? You are spoilt in Wexford with the many species of fish there. It is not surprising that Sea Angler magazine features some article on Wexford every month.

Advertisement