If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for two Philips LCD TV's & an Onkyo S6205?

• 01-09-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Hey Ash & John,

Just wondering if I could get some quotes off you guys for an upgrade that's been in the works.

We're looking for a Philips 42PFL9664 and a 42PFL8404 or maybe two 42PFL8404's and a BDP3000 - it really depends on the price as to whether we can swing for the 9664 option.

While I'm at it I might aswell ask for a price on the Onkyo S6205 Home Theatre set, I know it's not out yet but if I could get a good price we could hold on and buy the lot together.

If you could get back to me by pm or on the thread as soon as you've got some numbers then that'd be great.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Ash & John,

Just wondering if I could get some quotes off you guys for an upgrade that's been in the works.

We're looking for a Philips 42PFL9664 and a 42PFL8404 or maybe two 42PFL8404's and a BDP3000 - it really depends on the price as to whether we can swing for the 9664 option.

While I'm at it I might aswell ask for a price on the Onkyo S6205 Home Theatre set, I know it's not out yet but if I could get a good price we could hold on and buy the lot together.

If you could get back to me by pm or on the thread as soon as you've got some numbers then that'd be great.

Thanks for the help.

Touching,

Thanks for the post - much appreciated.

OK 42PFL8404H we can do now at €999.99 less your 10% Boardies discount which comes out at €899.99 and we can now offer a 4 year warranty with that (only until the end of November) we can do a package including a BR player and the 42PFL8404 at €999.99!

The Onkyo 6205 package we can do at approx £499.95 however this price is not confirmed yet as Onkyo have yet to release the product or full price details (or a damn delivery date :mad:) - I'll keep you posted as soon as I get news.

On the 42PFL9664 - I have sent you a PM,

Thanks as ever and please keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Thanks very much for the quote John, much appreciated.

I'm afraid the 9664 is out of my pricebracket, no matter how much awesome it can provide :D

Looks like it'll be two 8404's (one for the folks and one for me) but with the price of the Onkyo out there now I doubt they'll swing for the BR player at this point in time.

On that note, that's a pound sterling symbol up there - But on the RS.com website the SKS-HT528 comes in at £199.99 and the TXSR507 comes in at £249.99 - surely Onkyo aren't charging £49.99 for the addition of an iPod dock with the S6205? If they are then they can keep it and I'll get two separately.

Thanks very much for the quote John, much appreciated.

I'm afraid the 9664 is out of my pricebracket, no matter how much awesome it can provide :D

Looks like it'll be two 8404's (one for the folks and one for me) but with the price of the Onkyo out there now I doubt they'll swing for the BR player at this point in time.

On that note, that's a pound sterling symbol up there - But on the RS.com website the SKS-HT528 comes in at £199.99 and the TXSR507 comes in at £249.99 - surely Onkyo aren't charging £49.99 for the addition of an iPod dock with the S6205? If they are then they can keep it and I'll get two separately.

Touching,

Thanks for that - and as per the earlier post I don't have a firm price on the 6205 system yet - however the IPOD dock that is packed with the 6205 is the UP-A1 which is the single cable Iphone jobbie and it retails at £80 on it's own - I'll get onto Onkyo again and try to get a firm price for you and then i'll Boardie it ;),

Keep me posted on the 8404's as stock is really short - I'll pop you on the list and we will give you a bell as soon as they come in!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John,

I'll take a trip to a local shop to check out the Philips - it'll save me the trip to Dublin until I commit - I'm all but sold on getting one for me so if I like the look of it then I'll add my name.

Need to talk the folks into a glossy finish screen this evening, apparently it's "distracting" :rolleyes: I think I'll just tell them matte finishes went out with VHS and that should be enough to convince them :D

£80 for an iPod dock :eek: that'll be a part of their Christmas present or something!

Down to business as far as the sound system goes - what's the best Boardie price for an Onkyo TX-SR507 and the SKS-HT528 with delivery to Longford & that 5 year Supercare warranty?

TV

Thanks John,

I'll take a trip to a local shop to check out the Philips - it'll save me the trip to Dublin until I commit - I'm all but sold on getting one for me so if I like the look of it then I'll add my name.

Need to talk the folks into a glossy finish screen this evening, apparently it's "distracting" :rolleyes: I think I'll just tell them matte finishes went out with VHS and that should be enough to convince them :D

£80 for an iPod dock :eek: that'll be a part of their Christmas present or something!

Down to business as far as the sound system goes - what's the best Boardie price for an Onkyo TX-SR507 and the SKS-HT528 with delivery to Longford & that 5 year Supercare warranty?

TV

Thanks again Touching,

OK here we go:

Philips 42PFL8404H with 4 year warranty
    Onkyo TXSR507
    Onkyo SKS-HT528
    5 Year Supercare on the Onkyo Bits
    Total system price in yo yo (€) €1449.99 + delivery at €29.99 for the total system

Keep me posted..

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Hi John,

You can put me down for a 42PFL8404H with 4 year warranty with no delivery. If I'm only taking that TV I could probably get a friend to pick it up for me.

I'll talk to the folks this evening about their entertainment package you quoted above, if they take it then we'll be needing that delivery for the whole lot too.

Thanks,

TV

Hi John,

You can put me down for a 42PFL8404H with 4 year warranty with no delivery. If I'm only taking that TV I could probably get a friend to pick it up for me.

I'll talk to the folks this evening about their entertainment package you quoted above, if they take it then we'll be needing that delivery for the whole lot too.

Thanks,

TV

Touching,

That's great - many thanks for the business it's much appreciated!

I've PMMMMEEEEDDD you,

ATB,

John Mc

johnmc wrote: »
    Thanks again Touching,

OK here we go:

Philips 42PFL8404H with 4 year warranty
    Onkyo TXSR507
    Onkyo SKS-HT528
    5 Year Supercare on the Onkyo Bits
    Total system price in yo yo (€) €1449.99 + delivery at €29.99 for the total system

Keep me posted..

ATB,

John Mc

The folks want to take you up on this one too John, I've pm'd you :)

Howdy Ash,

I've been on to Kenny in the NI shop who says the Onkyo receiver and SKS-HT528's are going down to the Philips shop for tomorrow so is there any chance I could get the lot by Friday?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi I'll buzz you now
    Ash

• Advertisement

Arrived today, blown away by the sound system, cranked that **** up to 11 for the Dark Knight and nearly took out the windows in the sitting room :D

The TV's I'll have to spend a bit of time tweaking the settings, but more importantly, getting some HDMI cables, before I pass judgement. That said, it does a pretty good job for SD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

TouchingVirus

Glad you have had a little fun with your goodies:D
    Do have a good play around with the settings on the Tv as time spent there will show a great improvment onscreen.

Cheers
    Ash

Arrived today, blown away by the sound system, cranked that **** up to 11 for the Dark Knight and nearly took out the windows in the sitting room :D

The TV's I'll have to spend a bit of time tweaking the settings, but more importantly, getting some HDMI cables, before I pass judgement. That said, it does a pretty good job for SD :)

Touching,

Thanks for the posts ( I actually sent you a PM earlier) and I'm delighted the Bonkyo sound system is going well for you!

Do you need HDMI's we have some great deals on Panasonic & especially the very nice Sparta HDMI's if you are in need.....

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

The folks went out and bought some HDMI cables last week in anticipation but thanks for the offer. I have to say I'm well impressed by the TV's now, and delighted with all the purchases. You lot are a credit to boards.ie and definitely set the bar for customer service as far as I'm concerned - keep it up!

Thanks once again to everybody who got me my goods, John, Ashley, Dave, Kenny, Ian and Thomas :D

Hi John,

The folks went out and bought some HDMI cables last week in anticipation but thanks for the offer. I have to say I'm well impressed by the TV's now, and delighted with all the purchases. You lot are a credit to boards.ie and definitely set the bar for customer service as far as I'm concerned - keep it up!

Thanks once again to everybody who got me my goods, John, Ashley, Dave, Kenny, Ian and Thomas :D

Touching,

apologies it's taken me so long to get back to you.

Thanks a million for the business and especially taking the time to post such a nice compliment AFTER your purchase - it's much appreciated and I'll pass the message onto the rest of the guys.

Thanks again and as ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.