Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming in Waterford

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey looking for places to go (outdoor) swimming in around Waterford,
    been out to the guillamine and newtown cove a lot so looking for somewhere new,
    rocks/pier/board to jump off would be a bonus, so where else do people go swimming?
    Some nice beaches?
    I kinda know the ones west of Tramore but all suggestions are welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

the pier in boatstrand. the small beach in dunmore is lovelyto swim at too.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

joeduggan wrote: »
    the pier in boatstrand. the small beach in dunmore is lovelyto swim at too.

thanks, would that be here: (and Its deep enough for jumping off the pier? Il check it out myself of course as well
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/waterford_man/3143932778/in/set-72157603954657820/

yeah Il try make it out to dunmore for a few swims,havent been swimming there in a couple of years, afraid the seasons against me tho, only started swimming seriously in August. No wet suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Not sure I would reccomend boatstrand tbh. The water is deep enough for jumping off the pier at high tide plus or minus one hour, but you have to remember it is a working harbour which means that there will be any of the following in the dock;
    *oil
    *diesel
    *dead spider crabs

And so on. I used to fish out of there when I was younger, and having swam in it plenty o times aswell have never seen the attraction.

Advertisement