Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know when/where Musical Society meets?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:44pm

Anyone know when/where KK Musical Society meets or when will they be recruiting new members? I rarely get to hear KCLR and havent seen anything on Kilkenny People.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KKMusicals

Hi inthehat!

Just gave a quick glance here before hitting the hay and found your question! Hopefully this will be of use to others also:

Kilkenny Musical Society will be starting up again in a few weeks- our committee is meeting next week to decide on a few plans for the coming year. I will post here on boards about it, but also if you (or anyone else) want to pm me your email address I'll add you to the list and you'll be kept well informed! There are press releases sent to KCLR and local press also.

We welcome new members every year, so we'd love you to come along. Just in case you don't know, we will be staging "Oliver!" in the Watergate Theatre over Easter 2010. Auditions will take place probably in November, but I will confirm this closer to the date!

Any other questions, pm me or post here again! :)

Thanks KKM!

I'll keep an eye here and will pm you if I need to know more.

Hi,

Just some info re. Kilkenny Musical Society and what we're up to at the moment in case anyone here, either local or new to the Kilkenny area, would like to join:

KMS are holding a Christmas Concert in the Watergate Theatre on Saturday December 5th. Rehearsals for this start next Thursday November 5th at 8pm in James Stephens GAA Club (please PM me if you need directions!). All are welcome to join us for this concert, no need to audition!

Auditions for adults for our upcoming production, "Oliver!", take place on Tuesday, November 17th from 7pm in The Club House Hotel, Patrick St. Please note that it is only necessary to audition if you would like a particular role- it is not necessary to audition for the chorus.

Auditions for children for "Oliver!" take place in the Watergate Theatre, Parliament St., from 2pm on Sunday November 15th. All children wishing to take part must audition.

It may be necessary to prepare an audition piece and so I will post here again to let you know when and where these can be picked up! If you wish to be added to our contact list please email kilkennymusicalsoc@yahoo.com, and/or text 0863489288.

Finally, we are holding a fund-raising table quiz on Monday November 9th in Langton's at 8pm. 4 per team, but we can make teams up on the night if you are short a few people! Please come if you can and support us, all are welcome!!

All those wishing to audition for Oliver must prepare an audition piece, chosen by our director, David Heffernan, and our Musical Director, Patrick Clancy.

These will be available FIRST at the KMS Table Quiz which is taking place this Monday night at 8pm in Langton's. However, they will be available for collection again from Wednesday 11th November in the Watergate Theatre.

Even if you do not wish to audition for a part in Oliver, PLEASE come along and support KMS at the Table Quiz, great prizes up for grabs and should be a great night too!!

Just informing anyone who's interested that rehearsals for Kilkenny Musical Sociey's production of "Oliver" will start for all cast and chorus on Wednesday, 20th January at 8pm in O'Faolain's on John St. The show will be staged at Easter.

Please note that the show has already been cast as regards main parts, but anyone wishing to join the chorus is welcome (and will not have to audition!), but must be over 18 years of age as there are no more children's parts available at all.

The musical society is a great way to meet new people and a very sociable hobby. Hope to see some of you there- PM me if you need more details, or email kilkennymusicalsoc@yahoo.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement