Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker MillionThread [spoilers within]

Options
  • 01-09-2009 11:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the new Poker Million series. Please use spoiler tags when discussing something that has not actually been broadcast yet, but once on Sky Sports, it is fair game for talking about in here.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I missed the first hour of this and missed Rams exit hand. Anyone want to fill me in? Gardner is getting sick unlucky, and is out now too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Final live on SKY again? Irish gone well in it so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

First episode afaik and no Irish were in the line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I'm very disappoint that a mod start this thread in the wrong section of the forum, what hope is there for the rest of us.

Please move Lloyd, I'm sure I can trust you to get things right....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

5starpool wrote: »
    I missed the first hour of this and missed Rams exit hand. Anyone want to fill me in? Gardner is getting sick unlucky, and is out now too.
    Who won in the end?

Rams exit hand was as follows...........

young online qualifier raises to 6k UTG+1 with A10, Ram calls with 109hh and flop comes 10 8 6r.

young guy bets Ram raises and dude calls.

Turn is a 4 and dude checks, ram bets 20k and yer man moves in for 59k total.

Ram calls and misses leaving him with 6k he lost with A2 v 77 2 hands later.

• Advertisement

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I'm very disappoint that a mod start this thread in the wrong section of the forum, what hope is there for the rest of us.

Please move Lloyd, I'm sure I can trust you to get things right....lol
    Shut up or I'll ban you for some spurious reason.
    eoghan104 wrote: »
    Who won in the end?

Rams exit hand was as follows...........

young online qualifier raises to 6k UTG+1 with A10, Ram calls with 109hh and flop comes 10 8 6r.

young guy bets Ram raises and dude calls.

Turn is a 4 and dude checks, ram bets 20k and yer man moves in for 59k total.

Ram calls and misses leaving him with 6k he lost with A2 v 77 2 hands later.

Cheers Eoghan. Annette won it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

5starpool wrote: »
    For discussion of the new Poker Million series.

The results are always out before the heat is shown on SS. Can we keep it so that spoilers tags are used if anything is being discussed that hasn't been shown yet?

Absolutely - spoilers before broadcast please. During or after the show has been broadcast, work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Jesus I forgot how tilting the commentary was. The hand where McDonald value bets the A6 3 handed tilted me in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

max_power wrote: »
    Jesus I forgot how tilting the commentary was. The hand where McDonald value bets the A6 3 handed tilted me in particular.

Lol yeah. That bit got me too! I'm pretty sure McDonald knew what he was doing there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

I'm surprised nobody picked up on Roy Brindley saying "position is overrated" :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

i thought ram raised the 109 hand first?.. Ram will def be disappointed with his poor performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

a-k-47 wrote: »
    i thought ram raised the 109 hand first?.. Ram will def be disappointed with his poor performance.

don't think so, besides the WSOP he doesn't seem to leave the house very much anymore. No EPT's, World Poker Tour or IO etc. I'm guessing he just plays high stakes at home all the time. He has a very young family

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

Just watchin this on sky sports one now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

No he flatted, check min raised the flop, then bet tank called the turn getting like 3/1. How in the name of god do these people make a career in poker?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Gardner played well, got a raw deal big time.

gardner will be gutted alrite. Annette is fearless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Annette is fearless.

Can't remember the hand, but at one stage her pulse was at 60 and her opponents was 140 :eek:

Grafter wrote: »
    Can't remember the hand, but at one stage her pulse was at 60 and her opponents was 140 :eek:

and she was bluffing top set.:)

So much better with hot Obrestad commentating this week.
    Always good when theres a player that has a good thought process talking about whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

I haven't watched poker on tv in ages because it's the most boring thing in the world, but Full Flush is good entertainment. Epic jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

The C Kid wrote: »
    I haven't watched poker on tv in ages because it's the most boring thing in the world, but Full Flush is good entertainment. Epic jacket.

Epic logo! He's not everyones cup of tea but defo entertaining to watch.

He seems like a grade A tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Duthie played a good game heads up....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Duthie played a good game heads up....

Yeah, as he said in his interview afterwards, "I thought I played very well tonight"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Is there a poekrtube or other link to this?

Advertisement