Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "wheres my feckin' lecture" thread

Options
  • 01-09-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

It seems some people are having trouble knowing where everything is so how about sticking all of them in this thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Before asking here, can folks at least try consulting a map? There's a big one here, for example. Some major locations that have caused confusion before are:
    • Science Hub (23), where lectures are held: you can enter it directly on the ground floor, but if you're on the main "strip" you enter it by going up the stairs, through the Chemistry building (27) foyer, and straight across the footbridge.
    • Engineering building (49): take the footpath across the grass. Just past the Daedalus building (41), which is where where the computer induction takes place
    • Richview (1-6) is where Architecture is done. Newstead (7) a.k.a. the former Philips building, 2/3 of the way to Richview, is where Civil Engineering is based, but some Architecture lectures are given in the Newstead annex (the section nearest Richview). Allow plenty of time to get to these buildings and find the rooms you need.
    PS: in the Newman (Arts) buildings, the signs and floor markings point to blocks, not lecture theatres! This drove me round the bend, literally. I'm not doing Arts, so if it was explained during orientation, well, I wasn't there ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In the Arts block, the lecture halls aren't hard to find people. There are some situated at restaurant entrance/exit(O, P, Q, R) and then some at the far end, beside the library tunnel(L, M, N). O and P are beside each other,, and at far side of toilets are Q and R. Then L(at far end) is on its own, with M and N beside each other.

The lines do indeed go to the blocks of the Newman building. Make sure to remember that bit. Lecture halls are on ground floor, so when ya have a tutorial in A205, go to block A, floor 2, room 05. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

One of my tutoirals is in LIB SiL 107 = anyone any idea where this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

amtaxi wrote: »
    One of my tutoirals is in LIB SiL 107 = anyone any idea where this is?

Think in library building, turn left at end of tunnel doors, go up lift to 1st floor I would guess. If this is wrong, someone will correct me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's wrong, I'm afraid.

Keep walking along the library, past the main entrance until you see the bookshop. there's a door just before the bookshop. go in there, and go up the stairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement