Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel P-660HW-D1

• 02-09-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I have one of these, supplied by Eircom. The current firmware is V3.40(APJ.0) | 06/22/2006.

When I try to upgrade this (through tftp, ftp, web - doesnt' matter) the CLI reports an error. I've tried every firmware listed for this product with the same result.

Has anybody else experienced this or resolved it?

I'm still waiting on a reply from Zyxel but I doubt if they'll get back to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

What browser have you used to do it with the web interface? Try IE if all else fail.

What version are you upgrading to?

I see:
    3.40(AGL.7)C0 [04-28-2009] for P-660HW-D1
    3.40(ATA.0)C0 [04-26-2007] for P660HW-D1 v2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

I don't think the browser has anything to do with it if the same error is reported when I use FTP and TFTP. The CLI reports the error.

I've tried every firmware out there, including those.

Some countries have regional firmwares that you need specific firmware for, like Germany, perhaps some Eircom supplied ones are locked down in the same way.

You're right, it might very well be locked down.

Did you need to upgrade it for a specific reason, other than just being efficient?

Throughput over NAT is pee-poor. With absolutely no errors reported at either end or network errors I can see using Wireshark I just put it down to the firmware. It's always good to keep up to date anyway.

Zyxel say it's Eircom's problem and up to them to resolve it. I guess I have 2 chances of that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭peking97

I'd say give the webmaster an email and reference the same to him/her. Hopefully it'll get fixed for you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭peking97

Zyxel say it's Eircom's problem and up to them to resolve it. I guess I have 2 chances of that happening.
    Did you ever get this sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Toft
    TangoTwit

I'm in nearly the exact same situation.

Same router:P-660HW-D1 ZyNOS same Firmware Version: V3.40(APJ.0) | 06/22/2006

the router is from eircom but I'm with vodafone now.

I've tried firmware updates from a few Zyxel sources, but I get the same message Firmware upload error!.

Any solutions!
    Perhaps flush the eircom firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Eircom have locked the firmware. The only way you can update is by ringing eircom themselves.

In any case, the router is ****. Get rid of it immediately.

• Advertisement
    TangoTwit

Liamario wrote: »
    Eircom have locked the firmware. The only way you can update is by ringing eircom themselves.

In any case, the router is ****. Get rid of it immediately.

Would Eircom actually release the router, especialy since I'm not with them.

I switched from a voyager 2110 to the zyxel and it seems to be an improvement.
    is there a good and cheap router I can get in pc world or maplin that would be software supported and last me a while?

I doubt Eircom would do anything for you, especially since you're not with them. :)

You'd have to buy one and I'd avoid PC World and Maplin like the plague on crack. Pixmania, Dabs, eBay, are all better places to shop - more bang for you buck! A cheap router in PC World or Maplin, you'd definitely get what you pay for and end up regretting it.

TangoTwit

Double post.

Advertisement