Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have a date, but very nervous

• 02-09-2009 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so I'm just out of a long term relationship, It ended OK and I'm over it now. So now after getting back on the scene I have a date, but the problem is I haven't been on a first date in years.

I'm an attractive guy and have no problems meeting women, but I kinda feel like that's all I have. I get worried that I'm not going to have anything to talk about with this girl. I like this girl too, Ive known her for a while and think she is pretty cool, but it kinda all coming together a bit fast.

Its not just this, I think I have a very nervous personality. Anytime I have an exam to do, I turn into an absolute mess, even though I'm fully prepared for the test, I just freak out.

I would love some advice on how to deal with these feelings, and maybe some advice for the date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

What I would suggest is having a few topics prepared to chat about in case there is a lull in conversation and also go somewhere quite busy so at least you can people watch.....

Dont worry about it. Its only a date and (not meaning to be negative) the chances are you may not like her at the end of it... Typically stats are per dating sites say that only 1 in 9 firws dates turns into any kind of a relationship (stats :o) so dont put pressure on yourself. Go in with a view to having a good time, cut it short if its not working and just enjoy yourself.

Oh and dont forget she will be nervous too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

People like talking about themselves, so just ask her a bunch of questions about what she does, and act like you're interested! Ask follow up questions and try steer the conversation on to an interesting topic if you see the opportunity. But really just relax and don't be too worried about it. Even if it goes horribly there's always plenty more girls out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

nervousguy wrote: »
    OK, so I'm just out of a long term relationship, It ended OK and I'm over it now. So now after getting back on the scene I have a date, but the problem is I haven't been on a first date in years.

I'm an attractive guy and have no problems meeting women, but I kinda feel like that's all I have. I get worried that I'm not going to have anything to talk about with this girl. I like this girl too, Ive known her for a while and think she is pretty cool, but it kinda all coming together a bit fast.

Its not just this, I think I have a very nervous personality. Anytime I have an exam to do, I turn into an absolute mess, even though I'm fully prepared for the test, I just freak out.

I would love some advice on how to deal with these feelings, and maybe some advice for the date

Meditation and centering will help you an awful lot . 10 mins a day is all you need .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Dont ask any question, with yes or no answers. Keep the conversation flowing, ask her about herself.

she will be nervous too

• Advertisement
Advertisement