Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless stopped working on Dell laptop after installing meteor broadband

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all

Just wondering anyone could help me with this please? I used to use irish broadband, a friend's friend helped me connect that to a wireless router, which was all working fine, however i cancelled the irish broadband in May, and i think by then my wireless on my dell inspiron 6400 was still working once i turned on the laptop, i could view all the wireless connection available. i have Intel PRO/Wireless 3845ABG network connection built in.

Then in May i got meteor broadband to go, i installed that, which is working fine. however, since then, my wireless has stopped working, i tried to fix it for days, but could not get anywhere, which is very stressful :confused: because everything is turned on and enabled, i looked through trouble shooting and i ran ipconfig, but it says 'media state disconnected'. I rang meteor, and they told me to go to device manager, which i had ensure all card/connection is enabled. but maybe there is something else, im just not sure where to look and fix the problem. i installed meteor broadband on another laptop, which the wireless on that laptop is still working perfectly, only my Dell wireless connection is not :(

could anyone give me any advice please?

Really appreciated!

Sunny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

hi sunny,
    i dont know what level your at re computers:

what operating system are you running?
    when you check in device manager, does the wireless card show up?
    Is there a wireless icon in your system tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 *Sunny*

Hi c-note

i have windows xp media edition, in device manager, the wireless card and 1394 net adapter all showed up and all green, no red cross on them, so all enabled. normally im pretty good with computer and computer programs, but this time i nearly tried everything, the wireless just wont work :-(

i also ran 'service.msc' i can see wireless zero config the status is started, so it is not stopped or anything. there is wireless icon showing at the bottom of my laptop indeed, and sometimes it even shows there are available wireless in my range, but once i click on the message, or open view available networks, there are nothing there. i refreshed it, still nothing, even my mobile could detect there are at least three wireless connection around me.

Advertisement