Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Kill A Mockingbird

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

One of the best reads.

Do you think it should be standard reading in schools?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

It was on my Junior Cert course. A good old Atticus, what a man. And Dudley, lol what a mentaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mylove

It'd be the one book that I'd love to read again for the first time as an adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Did it years ago for the junior,what a book!,Atticus and Cousin Dil were my fave characters,we watched the film aswell for a few classes,great memories thinking back about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did it for the JC aswell, back in 06.

Loved it, but hated the fact that I had to over alalyze it sooo much.

The copy I have now from the JC has a bunch of bits highlighted with little notes written all around it.

I loved it though, one of my first "proper" novels, and it really made me think about things.:)

I'd love to read it again some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 AlRocks

Absolutely loved it, one of my all time favourites. I did it for the JC about 10 years ago. I read it again about a year ago. I'll probably read it again later this year. Any recommendations for another book like this? I got a good/similar read out of This Boys Life by Tobias Wolff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Haayylleey

Read the book before I covered at in Junior, was amazing and Ill still pick it up from time to time. Most definetly should be in all schools.

Advertisement