Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane Irish Pubs.

Options
  • 02-09-2009 1:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys can anyone tell me of some good Irish pubs in Brisbane? Loking for somewhere to watch the all Ireland football when i get there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

go down to queen st mall! Place called JP O Briens i think it is. or JB O'Reillys. its one of them. its down some steps near the tourist info centre. decent enough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Hi guys can anyone tell me of some good Irish pubs in Brisbane? Loking for somewhere to watch the all Ireland football when i get there.

HA HA JJ the miser! u said in AH that you wouldn't go near an Irish Pub! STUNG there mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 miami365

o'malleys main shopping street, cant miss it though it's part of one of the shopping centres.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

DamoDLK wrote: »
    HA HA JJ the miser! u said in AH that you wouldn't go near an Irish Pub! STUNG there mate!

:D Yes i did but i just want to go there to see the All Ireland Football final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Pig n Whistle, Eagle Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

As far as I know, this is the only place you'll get to watch the game and get served drink til the end of the match. That's where I watched the games so far.

Pig n Whistle on Queen Street Mall might show it, but stop serving alcohol half an hour before throw in. Mick O'Malley's won't even be open if last Sunday night was anything to go by. They closed before midnight.
    cupthehand wrote: »
    Pig n Whistle, Eagle Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 forgodssake22

O malleys didnt show the all ireland last year. They cant stay open late because its in a shopping centre. I watched it in the Pig and Whistle on Eagle street last year. Good atmosphere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

TirEoghain wrote: »
    As far as I know, this is the only place you'll get to watch the game and get served drink til the end of the match. That's where I watched the games so far.
    quote]

Which pub is this?

TirEoghain wrote: »
    quote]

Which pub is this?

The Pig n Whistle on Eagle Street.

It's also come to my attention that Irish Murphy's will be showing the games too. They will also show the minor games, so this may be another option.

Part of me is saying I'll watch it in the Irish pub, but then again the Pig n Whistle had been showing all the other games, so maybe they deserve the custom more. Irish Murhpy's hadn't been showing the other games as they usually have a band playing, but they will show the final.

Anyone going out to watch the hurling final tonight?

I think this is going to be a monster battle, and the game everyone was waiting for even before the first throw in this years championship.. Kilkenny v Tipperary.

Can Tipperary end their drought of All Irelands in recent times? Or will the mighty Cats do the four in a row for their first time ever! Only ever done once before by Cork! Whatever happens, this promises to be the best hurling final in the last few years!

Just over 12 hours to go now! Bring it on. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement