Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Printing

Options
  • 02-09-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good place in town to get photos printed. I have a large number on the computer that need doing. 7x5's in good quality and a decent price would help. thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Boots do prints, as do Fahy Foto and the Camera shop (the latter two are a tad more pricey, though) - but would printing them online not be an option?
    int.pixum.com do prints from 9 ct per photo (just as one option).
    here's a link to their price list http://int.pixum.com/shop/7-price-list.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I looked at the online option, but it seems to take ages to upload the pics. Anyone have any idea how much Fahy Foto charge. Printing about 500 photos to start with. Or about the quality of Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

For that quantity, I think you should burn 'em to a CD (or DVD 500 * 2 meg is a bit of space!), visit outlets and negotiate!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I always just use foto.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is there not an option to post a disk to the online guys?

500 photos is going to cost allot methinks.

• Advertisement

you can post a disc to bonus print in the UK but I need this done by the weekend. price is reasonable. About 80 for 500 pics at 7 x 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

How about 538 photos for €34 or so from photobox.ie . They were 4x6 but they are fine. It jumps up alot for 5x7.... don't know why. They arrived in the door 2 days later. They were really big files as I didn't want to do it and they turning out grainy so I left the PC on all night and used a ftp transfer option to load them all up to them. (it explains what to do on the site) Easy Peasy... cheap as chips!!

thanks for that. Might try Photobox and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mintymint

I phoned Fahy photo today that it is 20c per photo if you do it online with them but checked photobox and its much better value although a little nervous that it takes so long to upload. Also does anyone know that the postage to Ire much extra??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

i think shipping was 7.50 and your first 50 prints are free. They also have offers on that gave me free carriage but pick the offer/promo code that'll save u most. Check the site for details. Worked out about 6.5c all in per 4x6. Why are u nervous about the upload time... If your not using broadband forget about it. Can't recommend them enough. 20c at fahy? Are u mad.... Thats 100 yoyo against 35? For 500+!

• Advertisement

cfeeney. how much was your p&p from photobox. getting a rate of 13.49 for 500 pics. do you happen to have any voucher codes?

Advertisement