Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Less than a few minutes ago

• 02-09-2009 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

I started talking to myself. I've been on my own for a few hours in front of the pc and do this most nights. Not just normal talking to oneself but the proper crazy fcking one. I used my own voice and created another voice with a different accent and had a conversation. Just basic colloquiliasms and then I snapped out of it.

Anybody else have any experiences of this? I don't know what to think. I'm not crazy or anything but surely this isn't normal behaviour?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 W1ct0ry

Stop being so melodramatic and get out of the house more. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I like it when you talk, I will work up the courage someday to come out from my hiding place and respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Being alone can do that - But not that severly as to actually have an aloud conversation with Characters and storylines.

Your off your box!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I started talking to myself. I've been on my own for a few hours in front of the pc and do this most nights. Not just normal talking to oneself but the proper crazy fcking one. I used my own voice and created another voice with a different accent and had a conversation. Just basic colloquiliasms and then I snapped out of it.

Anybody else have any experiences of this? I don't know what to think. I'm not crazy or anything but surely this isn't normal behaviour?
    No. I think it's a server problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

W1ct0ry wrote: »
    Stop being so melodramatic and get out of the house more. :rolleyes:
    That's what she said, in that thick American accent of hers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Had a friend like that who used to do it when we worked. I think it's quite funny haha. Not nuts just funny.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah I do that too sometimes.

I make mental notes, aloud. I say things to my cat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yeah I do that too sometimes.

I make mental notes, aloud. I say things to my cat.

exact same :P

Is the cat real?

Is the cat real?

Tiddles is real, yes.

lol only a furball would ask a question about a cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Is the cat real?

Nope. It got "the job" done ages ago and now has "amputee's itch". So it has an imaginary part.*

:o

*making maths puns on an internet forum at 2:15am. Oh dear.

javaboy ur nuts :D
    IvySlayer your cats not real :p

javaboy ur nuts :D
    IvySlayer your cats not real :p

His name is Tiddles, he's a ginger cat!

sure he is. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

K4t wrote: »

Anybody else have any experiences of this? I don't know what to think. I'm not crazy or anything but surely this isn't normal behaviour?:eek:

what kind of accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Talking to yourself is ok...when they start answering back you have problems...and when ALL of them start answering back at the same time you know it's Kit-Kat time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Go back to sleep, son.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I have a friend that does this sometimes, she's known by one and all as 'Mental Mary'........ Yep, you may have a problem!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I often talk to myself. It's the only opportunity I have for intelligent conversation when I'm at work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

First sign of madness - talking to yourself.
    Second sign of madness - answering back to the first.
    Third sign of madness - another voice trying to despute between the two previous ones.

Seek help now. Call the men in white suits before it's too late.
    If all else fails - ring Britney Spears, she's been there, done that and knows what to do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

IvySlayer wrote: »
    His name is Tiddles, he's a ginger cat!

Nothing worse than a kipper cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Don't worry about it, talking to yourself is what separates us from the animals.

Except the parrots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

So samurai swords are banned. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Biggins wrote: »
    First sign of madness - talking to yourself.
    Second sign of madness - answering back to the first.
    Third sign of madness - another voice trying to despute between the two previous ones.

Seek help now. Call the men in white suits before it's too late.
    If all else fails - ring Britney Spears, she's been there, done that and knows what to do!

That's odd, I thought the first sign of madness was Suggs coming up the driveway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Roadend wrote: »
    That's odd, I thought the first sign of madness was Suggs coming up the driveway

::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

You went into a fit of what might be a mental illness, and you assume you're not crazy?

That's insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Sounds like the early stages of 'Crazy Cat Lady Syndrome'.

• Advertisement

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

I think your going a bit crazy there op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No point telling us cos we're not here either.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kazzaj

ur an absolute psycho m8:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ur goin insane!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nah its fun to talk to yourself, more interesting than talking to some airheads in this world

• Advertisement
Advertisement