Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ballad of Big Gay Tony: GTA4

• 02-09-2009 3:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

The second vid of this addon on is up on a few sites.

Looks good and over the top like the older GTAs. I spotted 3 new weapons in the vid, Uzi and P90 smgs and an assault shotgun. Two new choppers to boot.

The scene with the chopper lifting the railcar reminds me of Swordfish with the chopper lifting the bus at the end. Also reminds me of the mission in San Andreas where you use a similar chopper to rob a bank van.

This looks like GTA getting back to its roots.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

This has me way more interested than TLAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

definitely reminds me of vice city and san andres, golf carts ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Did the explosions always look that awesome?:confused:
    Really excited for this one as well, definitely seems to be going back to the roots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Niko at 1:10:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Definately seems like they are putting some of the "fun" back into GTA, which was slightly lacking in GTA4. Did I see a shot of the character climbing up the side of building, because I remember reading in previews before GTA4 was released there was mention of the fact that Niko could scale buildings and telephone poles?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I'd be way more exicted if they put all this effort into making GTA V. It really just seems like they are trying to rehash the game over and over.

This is effort that could have pulled in GTA V release date by a couple of quarters. I'll be way more excited about that than some DLC for a game I've already played for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

oh, looks pretty good alright. I thought TLAD was great so will look forward to this. Probably wait til next year to pick it up though as the quality of games being released is picking up now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Colour me excited. The main GTA story bored me to tears but TLAD was a big step in the right direction and great fun. Which reminds me that I have to get back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Looks like they'll put in a Dance Music station. Really looks great, out in Rocktober though not a good time for any game other than Brütal Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

This looks like GTA getting back to its roots.

What do you mean? Top down 2d action :pac:

nah yea, it looks deadly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Looks like a great title, rockstar seem to be pushin the gta engine further with each addon i see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Looks great

Whats that song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Parachute!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Carroller wrote: »
    Looks great

Whats that song?

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Carroller wrote: »
    Looks great

Whats that song?

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo. Edit:beaten to it.

Yeah looks good alright.
    Are there any more plans for more dlc's for GTA iv or is this the last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

This looks really good. I liked GTA IV anyway so I doubt I'll have much trouble enjoying this.

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Eric Prydz - Pjanoo. Edit:beaten to it.

Yeah looks good alright.
    Are there any more plans for more dlc's for GTA iv or is this the last?

If I recall correctly, Microsoft paid Rockstar a lot for exclusive rights to the first two DLC packs for GTA IV, so they wouldn't appear on PS3.

So, I reckon there's at least one more pack gonna come out that'll add a small bit more to the game, but will bring the PS3 owners up to speed with the stuff they're missing from not being able to get the last DLC packs.

I wish they'd hurry up with GTA V though (or whatever sub-title the next game gets). GTA IV is essentially the only game I play, and the city is getting kinda boring now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Just watched trailer and am regretting trading in GTA now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

silvine wrote: »
    Just watched trailer and am regretting trading in GTA now..
    You can buy both expansions on the one disk without needing gta iv to run it :) i havent got TLAD so gona pick both them up together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just realised the thread title. :) Big Gay Tony, I'm super thanks for asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

rizzla wrote: »
    Just realised the thread title. :) Big Gay Tony, I'm super thanks for asking.

Haha was just gonna post that meself..Was thinking"Big Gay Tony:confused:".That doesnt sound right:p

Advertisement