Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry for the taste of Maynooth

• 02-09-2009 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Ohhhh Maximus how I yearn for you so...
    Anyone else started to suffer from an acute lack of quarter pounders with cheese from Maximus? Or the most delicious calzone combos from Mizzonis!
    Workers in Maximus, I salute you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I am feeling the buzz......

I think the sudden shift in weather down here in Wexford has reminded me of lovely rainy Maynooth. Moving up in a few days time! :)

In other news, yes I'd love a few pints in Caulfield''''''''''''''''''''''''''s, then a greasy bag of Maximus chips with a heart stopping dose of a quarter of a pound, before staggering home.

I also just found out that McDonalds is 24 hrs? I'm taking bets with my friends as to how many times we'll make the trip in the wee hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

You serious?

With Supermacs and McDonalds both within (reasonable) walking distance, you would choose a Maximus malaria burger and rotten mank chips over the palatable beauty of a big mac? The last time I had a maximus I was sick for two days. Every time I pass the place I think of grease traps.

Spot on with Mizzoni though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Rebel is best tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Actually I'd be hard pushed to find a burger more to my tastes than Maximus' :s
    I do love McDonalds, but I think that's more for the rush of endorphins as I satisfy my delicious addiction :pac:
    Okay, so the chips might go a little odd if you let them get even remotely cold but seriously, malaria burger? A little harsh! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

banquo wrote: »
    Rebel is best tbh :D

There is something about the sauce/seasoning that turns me off. Every pizza, no matter what topping, comes out tasting the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

efla wrote: »
    You serious?

With Supermacs and McDonalds both within (reasonable) walking distance, you would choose a Maximus malaria burger and rotten mank chips over the palatable beauty of a big mac? The last time I had a maximus I was sick for two days. Every time I pass the place I think of grease traps.

Spot on with Mizzoni though :)

The best would be a big Mac with Maximus chips :P :P DROOOOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Rebel FTW.

Living in Palmerstown, I used to either

A) Do the long haul, and kip it on a floor somewhere

or

B) Quiet pints and the 12 O' Clock bus home.

Still, there's no filling like sitting on that bus tucking into a big dirty kebab, half of it on your clothes and the other half on the floor of the bus, knowing you wont be in at 9 tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Maximus garlic cheese chips while ****faced...wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Maximus garlic cheese chips while ****faced...wow!

Tis a bad sign that you have to be **** faced for something to be wow...:P

but as chippers go its on of the best i have been to, nothing like ending a marathon MH113 wednesday (looooonnnng day) with a trip to Maximus....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Maximus is FOUL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Good if drunk. In fact, amazing if drunk. Impossible to eat otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Holsten wrote: »
    Maximus is FOUL!

Goddamn right it is!

Delish. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Maximus is hardcore, artery clogging but oh-so-sweeet goodness. One of the only places I've ever found that actually gives you a chicken fillet in their chicken fillet burger, most places leave you with a cheap tesco-like breaded fillet, eugh!

The Chicken Fillet Burger and Chips are to die for... or from, take your pick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oh Maximus, how I miss thee.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Oh Maximus, how I miss thee.

Oh Clare Bear, how I miss thee :p

But yes, Maximus > * for fast gut-rotting food. Unless you go to Royal City chinese and order Deep-Fried shredded chilli chicken :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oh Clare Bear, how I miss thee :p

But yes, Maximus > * for fast gut-rotting food. Unless you go to Royal City chinese and order Deep-Fried shredded chilli chicken :eek::eek::eek:

Let's go back TouchingVirus! :D

Never went to Royal City actually.

We can never go back, those days are gone now *sniff* :(

Except for me, because I can seem to escape Maynooth...

Advertisement