Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 to Vodafone - Decisions

• 02-09-2009 8:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm on O2 and have been for years. Now I want to switch to Vodafone as the reception in my house is just not good enough with O2.
    Looking at the Vodafone site, it seems I can get free calls and texts anytime for €20 if I top up within 30 days. But I would have to pay €49 for the same free calss/texts if I choose pay monthly.

Am I missiong something here or is it a case of getting a much better deal for choosing pre pay?

I would like to keep my current number too.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Vodafone Simply is also an option.

€20 a month and you get 100 any network minutes and 100 any network texts. You also get free VF to VF calls and texts.

No minimum contract period, only 30 days notice required to cancel.

No problem keeping number.

No phone is included.

Further details here

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

Whats happens if you use up your 100 minute any network minutes on vodafone?

Do you have to pay by bill for extra mins or can you top up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bill pay is bill on all networks except 3, there the only ones that do fixed price contracts with the top up option, best of both 25 & 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Vodafone Simply is also an option.

€20 a month and you get 100 any network minutes and 100 any network texts. You also get free VF to VF calls and texts.

No minimum contract period, only 30 days notice required to cancel.

No problem keeping number.

No phone is included.

Further details here

That sounds like a really good plan. Can I top up online or do you have to use the top up stations?
    I'm so used to just paying a monthly bill by direct debit, so remembering to top up could be a bit of a pain. Can you top up by more than 20 at one time, and what happens to unused mins ?
    De Deraco wrote: »
    Whats happens if you use up your 100 minute any network minutes on vodafone?

Do you have to pay by bill for extra mins or can you top up?

Looks like the over and above rates are 30c per min call and 11c per text.

that's a bill pay plan he's linked to, you can't top it up like pay as you go, if you go over your allowance you will be billed for it...

meteor bill pay lite is a better option, 300 any network minutes & free meteor calls and texts for €25pm..

• Advertisement

that's a bill pay plan he's linked to, you can't top it up like pay as you go, if you go over your allowance you will be billed for it...

meteor bill pay lite is a better option, 300 any network minutes & free meteor calls and texts for €25pm..

But I don't want Meteor...

up to you if you want to pay more for less, only giving my 2cent...

No problem DM, 95% of the people I call are Vodafone, so the Simply plan sounds like it suits.

Signed up for the Simply plan yesterday. The port over only took a few minutes. Looking forward to better reception in my house and cheaper phone bills too!
    Top class service from the girl in the Phone Store in Newbridge too, very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

LogoO2.gif
    O2.ie online shop is currently unavailable

O2 is currently carrying out essential upgrade work on the O2 website. During the times shown below, the O2.ie will be unavailable. Please try again after the times shown.
    • Sunday 13th September 00:00 A.M - Sunday 13th September 08:00 A.M
    For urgent queries during this time please contact Customer Care on 1909 (Pay monthly), 1747 (Speak easy) or your account manager.
    We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

Any other is fine, just don't waste your time with O2.....:D:D:D

Advertisement