Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog wash in garage

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

does anyone know where i would find a dog wash in a garage. I saw one of these before though i have never used them.. they are just a hosey thing and i think a thing for drying the dog. and can anyone tell me what they're like too?? If they work well it would be great as i only have a bath and it will be hard to get my 5 stone dog into it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

Texaco in Lucan but people who have used them are not happy campers :(
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=234585

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I heard the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

FACEPALM wrote: »
    Texaco in Lucan but people who have used them are not happy campers :(
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=234585

I saw one person in that thread who has actually used it and who's dog wasn't too happy in it. Someone else uses them and their dog is fine in it, everyone else that commented has just seen them, and not used them.

I've used one and it was great, you can put the height up and down, the dog is contained, gets wet, shampooed, rinsed and then dried - by yourself obviously, its just like using a warm hose at home, except its in a contained area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I used one once when my Old English Sheepdog was younger (and about 5 stone) and it was a disaster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's also one in Texaco in Kill of the Grange.
    I had my GSD in it many times!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Suppose it all depends on the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If there are ones available where you wash the pooch yourself ie it's like a groomers set up then most dogs shoudln't mind if they are used to washes (some dogs hate washing no matter how many times you do it) but I wouldn't use the ones where you pop the dog in and close the door awful things.

I'm too lazy for all that I just take mine to the groomers, or pop them in the bath if they've rolled in summit

Advertisement