Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN number

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi there,

I'm doing a BER for a client who is currently overseas and I'm having problems getting the MPRN number. The ESB have stopped giving out the number to assessors so not sure how to get it. Anyone with any ideas please.....:o

tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wlstan

email the ESB Networks [ESBNetworks@esb.ie]

give name of owner, and also ESB/RM number on meter, with address (if phone is know add this as well)

explain its for a BER and they should email you back the MPRN number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chatterbox007

thanks Wlstan, will do just that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 legs_akimbo

at one time they would do this and i had a few sorted in this manner, last time out I was informed that they no longer do this for anyone at any time.
    One thing you can do is process this as a new provisional which does not need a MPRN and will be accepted as a valid BER, I have confirmation by e mail from SEI regarding this when a BER can not be taken, in my case it was for a property that was liveable but had been disconected from the ESB for a couple of years so had no mprn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

It also depends on how cranky the person is at the ESB who answers the phone. I generally call back a few minutes later and get a different person who invariably gives me the number. I find that the people with younger sounding voices are generally more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where does the Data Protection Act come into all of this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chatterbox007

Well I did as wlstan suggested and got an email back within 30mins with the number. I've done this again for another house since and it worked again. Not sure though how long more they will keep giving out the numbers to us. Its a pity that the MPRN search on Deap doesn't allow us enter an addresss. Life would be so much simpler.....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Its a pity that the MPRN search on Deap doesn't allow us enter an addresss. Life would be so much simpler.....

Not possible because it would lack specifics. Rural homes simply have townland addresses.

Plus, there are some incorrect addresses in MPRN database. I once found the MPRN address of a house was in their database in the wrong COUNTY!!

Advertisement