Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginners Photography Ballsbridge CDVEC

• 02-09-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Im looking at doing a beginners course in Digital Photography and came across this one in Ballsbridge CDVEC. I have a Canon eos 450d and was wondering if this course would be a good starting point for me?

Has anyone done this course? Any recommendations on this course or a better one to help me on the way to using my 450.

All help recommendations and suggestions welcomed.

Thank
    Der

http://www.ballsbridgecollege.com/comp.html#digb

"Digital Photography for Beginners covers both the technical side of new digital photographic equipment and programs, as well as the fundamentals of photography: composition, selection of suitable subjects, lighting etc. A hands-on approach, working closely with the tutor ensures that students have the opportunity to learn far more than if they were working alone with a manual. Students should bring their own camera to classes.
    It is essential that students have a good working knowledge of computers.
    The course runs for 10 Weeks at a cost of €90 beginning the week of Monday 21 September 2009."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭derokid

or if any one knows of a good course not just this one i'd appreciate the info cheers...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Have you any experience at all with photography? From the sounds of this course, it's going to be *very* basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 grainne.obrien

I did the advanced course there in Ballsbridge. At the time the lady who was giving the course was a full time photographer and I found her to be excellent. I think she has left since. But I really enjoyed it, even meet the tutor again after the course to discuss further courses etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The outline of the course sounds fine. It's quite affordable too.

We offer a Beginners Course at Dublin Camera Club. It's more image orientated, but covers film & digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭derokid

I'd have very basic knowledge of photography... I just point and shoot and hope I have the right settings on the camera.

I wouldnt have a clue about settings light etc...

Cabansail ur cours elooks good and being in a club I'm sure I might be able to get advice from other members????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There is an option of a years membership for €35 extra. There are quite a few from this forum who are already members.

The course you have shown looks good as well.

Advertisement