Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand up for ourselves

Options
  • 02-09-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I have a pit in my stomach we are going to be paying for years by allowing Nama, Liam Carroll, the high wages of our ministers and the high wages in the banks still be paid.

I do feel for all the workers in Liam Carroll's companies but there does seem to be one law for the "rich" and one law for Joe Soap. A mockery of our judisary system is made by allowing him to keep coming back to the courts with new applications.

Are the people going to stand by and let the government and all their cronies keep getting away with looking after themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

femur61 wrote: »
    I have a pit in my stomach we are going to be paying for years by allowing Nama, Liam Carroll, the high wages of our ministers and the high wages in the banks still be paid.

I do feel for all the workers in Liam Carroll's companies but there does seem to be one law for the "rich" and one law for Joe Soap. A mockery of our judisary system is made by allowing him to keep coming back to the courts with new applications.

Are the people going to stand by and let the government and all their cronies keep getting away with looking after themselves.
    I agree with you.
    We are constantly being told by the so called experts that We are live in capitalism. The strong survives & the weak perishes. The banks & developers are the weak ones. I say let them go to the wall. So what? Bank of Ireland or AIB are not some sacred cows that we have to worship. There will some foreign bank much stronger taking over these banks.
    As for those builders. The manipulated planning laws & inflated real estate & created massive problems the man on the street. They build shabby buildings, left estates unfinished only for the local councils to finish the works. They can go to hell.
    I am not willing to let the government use €7bn of Irish workers pension funds to subsidise those black holes. No f****n way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Capitalism is only ever for the poor.

The rich in our society have always been far too insulated from the real risks of capitalism.

how to stand up for yourself?

At the ballot box

its only been 2 years since we last elected this shower, its dis-heartening to think we've 3 more to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

There's nothing we can do as we are a submissive population, and we've been that way for a long time. I'm afraid whatever is decided we will play no part in the decision making. We will continue to keep the rich, public service and famous from paying for the mistake's that have been made. We the working / middle class are here for one reason only, a cash cow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    We will continue to keep the rich, public service and famous from paying for the mistake's that have been made. We the working / middle class are here for one reason only, a cash cow!
    true enough...its time the 1.8million private sector workers stopped paying their taxes to the underworked and overpaid public servants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Bloody hell. How come every thread that can be remotely linked to your public service shoulder chip is hijacked by the likes of you. And every thread that really can't, ah well, you'll give it a try anyway. Your tirades are getting boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

its only been 2 years since we last elected this shower, its dis-heartening to think we've 3 more to go :(

Can't believe it's only been that long. Feels like 20 years ago.

(I certainly didn't vote for them btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭leonardjos

We're already ahead of you - with this thread The 'No the Nama' Street Protest on 12th Sept

The thread may have got bumped down on boards.ie but the protest march is most definitly on like Donkey Kong! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

jimmmy wrote: »
    true enough...its time the 1.8million private sector workers stopped paying their taxes to the underworked and overpaid public servants.

jimmmy,

welcome back, you have been missed......holidays was it? enjoy yourself?

regards

Risky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

if the 1. 8 million private sector workers wish to fight back , its time they voted for a party who is not enthrall to the public sector so that rules out fianna fail and most certainly labour , problem is , we love to keep money in the family in this country and while 1. 8 million voters dont work in the public sector , most of them have family who do

irish_bob wrote: »
    if the 1. 8 million private sector workers wish to fight back , its time they voted for a party who is not enthrall to the public sector so that rules out fianna fail and most certainly labour , problem is , we love to keep money in the family in this country and while 1. 8 million voters dont work in the public sector , most of them have family who do

the gangs all here now you can start the party

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

so you are saying we are unable to govern ourselves ( given that our politicians and government employees are the highest paid in the known world, despite the appalling state of our economy )?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭amacca

Riskymove wrote: »
    jimmmy,

welcome back, you have been missed......holidays was it? enjoy yourself?

regards

Risky

Hilarious, tks for brightening up my Wednesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

femur61 wrote: »

Well, they stood by for the last twenty years. One could argue longer.

Why break a habit?

The Irish people are the reason the economy is broken. When we understand that and stop the finger pointing and get on with it, things will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Ardent wrote: »
    Can't believe it's only been that long. Feels like 20 years ago.

(I certainly didn't vote for them btw)

No doubt that you didn't however have anyone meet who did vote for them , I can't get anyone to admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭amacca

rasper wrote: »
    No doubt that you didn't however have anyone meet who did vote for them , I can't get anyone to admit it

Just taking the last election, with the benefit of hindsight what candidate/opposition party would you have voted for....

Fine Gael, Labour, Greens, Sinn Fein

What sort of a coalition would you like to see steering us through the current mess now? Are you sure you would have any more confidence in them than the current shower?

You have to admit that at the time the "best of a bad lot" type campaign was fairly convincing, none of the opposition parties or their candidates filled me with huge confidence at the time either.

Did not a lot of people simply vote for them because they disliked the alternatives more?

what were the alternatives?

amacca wrote: »
    Just taking the last election, with the benefit of hindsight what candidate/opposition party would you have voted for....

Fine Gael, Labour, Greens, Sinn Fein

What sort of a coalition would you like to see steering us through the current mess now? Are you sure you would have any more confidence in them than the current shower?

You have to admit that at the time the "best of a bad lot" type campaign was fairly convincing, none of the opposition parties or their candidates filled me with huge confidence at the time either.

Did not a lot of people simply vote for them because they disliked the alternatives more?

what were the alternatives?

any coalition involving fine gael and labour is no alternative , fine gael right married to labour left is no different than fianna fail centre which ever suits them at the time , untill we see single party goverment without fianna fail , we will see no real meaningfull change in this country and unless thier is some grand coalition of the left along with a massive increase in support for that same left , the only option is to vote for fine gael so as to ensure a conservative goverment , the problem is that most fianna fail voters would rather spoil thier vote and allow the country to drift than vote for the blue shirts , the irish electorate are the problem

ps , i realise fine gael are not a true conservative party but they once were and we have to start again somewhere

the gangs all here now you can start the party

do you ever add anything other than snide remarks , your smugness is truly inspiring in its potency and longevity

do you ever add anything other than snide remarks , your smugness is truly inspiring in its potency and longevity

says the man who just reposts the same thing again...and again...and again....even when the topic of the thread has nothing to do with public sector wages

my smugness may appear to have longevity to you...but its actually quite poor compared to the duracell-like stamina of your repeat posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Would you pair of ladies take it outside!

says the man who just reposts the same thing again...and again...and again....even when the topic of the thread has nothing to do with public sector wages

my smugness may appear to have longevity to you...but its actually quite poor compared to the duracell-like stamina of your repeat posting

i havent started a single thread on the public sector but just like in this one , i reply to many posts on the subject , if you read the posts thoroughly instead of pouncing after that alarm goes off in your head when public sector is mentioned , you might be better off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

It looks for me that everybody here is watching thriller with known end
    Everything is written in script and spectators cannot change anything
    1) FF will push NAMA through Dail
    2) Opposition will not object much, because they don’t want to take power now and impose cuts on public sector. Opposition will try to make visibility that they were opposing, so nobody should able to blame them after.
    3) FF will become the most hated party and will cut spending in 2010
    4) FG/LP will get power in 2012
    5) 8 years they will blame FF in everything, but will be not able to change much
    6) Coalition will fail by 2020 and FF will be back to power because everybody will forget about their previous mess.
    Now surprise - they will handle NAMA assets. There is one million ways how to sell it as cheap as possible to survived developers.
    Every single politician will gain something from this scenario. FF will have assets. Opposition will rule for 8 years, They don’t need anybody else.
    Only ordinary people will lose, but who cares. They are fools, which trust to their politicians. They deserve it.
    Time to buy popcorn and watch
    popcorm1.gif

i havent started a single thread on the public sector but just like in this one , i reply to many posts on the subject , if you read the posts thoroughly instead of pouncing after that alarm goes off in your head when public sector is mentioned , you might be better off

:rolleyes:

so jimmmy posts his usual line and then you quote him and add your own, its the same thing really

this thread is not about the public sector wage bill but some posters try to turn it and other threads into that

Would you pair of ladies take it outside!

Hiow dare you!

*swings handbag at Spank_inferno*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Do you mean public service or higher civil service? Haven't noticed any nurses, members of the fire brigade, gardai, health board ambulance personnell being either underworked or overpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

ghost_ie wrote: »
    Do you mean public service or higher civil service? Haven't noticed any nurses, members of the fire brigade, gardai, health board ambulance personnell being either underworked or overpaid.
    What about useless "overworked and underpaid" clerks?
    For example in Department of Agriculture
    Ivan Yates
    How can we justify 4,560 officials in the Department of Agriculture when the number of full-time farmers has gone from 150,000 to 30,000?
    Taxpayers cannot afford to bail bankers and pay salaries to useless bureaucrats at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

The Greens hold the key here. If anyone has access personally to Green Party members warn them they will walk the PD's should they support SCAMA.

Also email them, call them, send pigeons whatever

ghost_ie wrote: »

guards and nurses and also dublin bus drivers i might add are seriously over paid in this country , while nurses work hard , anyone thats knows anything knows that unless your based in a rough area , being a guard is a doss most of the time

Advertisement