Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Symbian S60: Setting it to always use a certain network connection

• 02-09-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an N95 8GB and a data plan. Every time I use an application or do something that requires internet access, it asks me what connection to use. Now that I have a data plan, I know this connection will always be the same.

Is there a way to configure the phone to always use this without asking me?

Couldnt find it myself, so would appreciate any help!

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Installations / App manager , then click middle button and choose Open.

This only works on java apps , not native s60 apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

flodis79 wrote: »
    Installations / App manager , then click middle button and choose Open.

This only works on java apps , not native s60 apps.

Thanks for your reply. I found myself in there the other night and tried adjusting the settings without any luck.

For example, I have Cabbage installed and when I try to change the Network Access permission, it only has Ask Firstime as an option, there's no Always allow option. I have Connectivity to Always allowed but when I go to send a message, it asks me what network I want to use.

It's a bit of a pain.. :(

Advertisement