Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Chop, Sky Dive & Leg Wax for Charity

• 02-09-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Basically, I'm originally from Gorey but I'm moving uo to Rye Hall on the 14th Sept...

I'm chopping off all of my long, curly hair to give it to a charity that makes wigs for kids with cancer (the Little Princess Trust)

I'm having a charity night on 26th September in the Mezz bar, Gorey- I'll be having my hair chopped, and a number of my male friends (my boyfriend who is also getting it done, Jack Longmire, is also starting in Maynooth in September) will be having their legs waxed... I'll also be jumping out of a plane later in the year for the same cause!

All of the money we raise is going to the New Dawn charity to support their orphanage in India and also help with suicide prevention and depression in Ireland.

If anyone is able to sponsor me, even just the price of a pint, I would really really appreciate it.

My email address is louisefeaheny@gmail.com if you want to find out more. I'll be living in Maynooth from the 14th September so if you want to know more about the charity, the fundraising, the charity night etc, give me a shout!

Otherwise, you can post the donation to my work address (I work for New Dawn's magazine, Holistic Health)

Louise Feaheny,
    17 Thomas St,
    Gorey,
    Co Wexford

Please spread the word if you can, as this is such a huge cause... (and I love my hair!! but the little kids with cancer will appreciate it more than I will!)

Thank you so much xXx
    eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

This was a pic of my hair a few months ago, so it's a good bit longer since then! It's usually mad curly too icon_biggrin.gif

Picture00023.jpg

http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/

http://www.newdawn.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Teabag! wrote: »
    count me in.

THANK YOU TEABAG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm from Gorey and I'm ashamed to say I don't recognise you...... :( I used to know everyone*.....I suppose I'm getting old. :pac:

Anyways, come along to one of the many nights out we're planning and I'll give you a few bob.

OR

Accost me on the streets or on campus if you see me. Shake me down for money if you have to.

edit: you could hassle me at Clubs und Socs day, I'll be at the music stand. This happens after your hair cutting, but sure I'll sponsor your plane jump.

*Could possibly be hyperbole.

I'm from Gorey and I'm ashamed to say I don't recognise you...... :( I used to know everyone*.....I suppose I'm getting old. :pac:

Anyways, come along to one of the many nights out we're planning and I'll give you a few bob.

OR

Accost me on the streets or on campus if you see me. Shake me down for money if you have to.

*Could possibly be hyperbole.

ok... note to self... *shake down funky penguin for money*...

do i just ask for funky penguin and people will point me in the right
    direction???:D

hee hee thank u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

See here for a pic, I'm on the left. Actually.....if you see the other guy feel free to hassle him as well, tell him Seán sent you.

Best bet though is to come along on one of the nights out, or get me at teh Music Soc stand on fairs day.

• Advertisement

See here for a pic, I'm on the left. Actually.....if you see the other guy feel free to hassle him as well, tell him Seán sent you.

Best bet though is to come along on one of the nights out, or get me at teh Music Soc stand on fairs day.

oooh cool i might just do that! I'll probably be at the music soc stand anyway to have a bit of an auld look... probably just look though... im kinda musically retarded... i sing and got an A2 in the LC music, but that was after my teacher told me that she had given up all hope of me passing... thank frick for the practical, it dragged me through!

My boyfriends Jack and Colin (jack's actually my boyfriend but colin's always with us too, so its like i have 2 :)) are both doing music so they'll be there anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'm broke as hell, but I'd get the legs waxes if it raised some money. Could help with the collection a bit too.

Can't do the sky dive. My mam's best friend growing up was called Robert, and when my I was 3 weeks away from being born he died when his parachute didn't open. She went into labour when she got the news. Hence my name. Don't want to mess with karma.

banquo wrote: »
    I'm broke as hell, but I'd get the legs waxes if it raised some money. Could help with the collection a bit too.

Can't do the sky dive. My mam's best friend growing up was called Robert, and when my I was 3 weeks away from being born he died when his parachute didn't open. She went into labour when she got the news. Hence my name. Don't want to mess with karma.

I'd really really hugely appreciate it if you could help with collecting or spreading the word!! that'd be fantastic! The charity night is in Gorey though, so I wouldn't expect you to come down to get your legs waxed!!
    Thanks for tellnig me that about the parachute, just as I'm planning to do one :) I'm already paranoid enough as it is! that really sucks...

Thank you so much for your help though!! if you really do wanna help with collecting and stuff, send me an email and I could forward some sponsor cards and stuff?? thank you so much!!!:)

Will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Teabag! wrote: »
    count me in.

+1

• Advertisement

+1

THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

banquo wrote: »
    Will do :)

i havent even arrived in maynooth yet and already i am loving the generosity and kind heartedness of the maynoothians :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

i mightnt be in gorey but if i see you in campus i can give you a donation if you want?

jpcarlow wrote: »
    i mightnt be in gorey but if i see you in campus i can give you a donation if you want?

that'd be fantastic thank you! when are you going to be up there? give me an email if you want and i could meet up with you if you wanted...?

its louisefeaheny@gmail.com

cheers :)

that'd be fantastic thank you! when are you going to be up there? give me an email if you want and i could meet up with you if you wanted...?

its louisefeaheny@gmail.com

cheers :)
    im movin up the 14th, stayin in avoca in river if ya need to find me

im movin up the 14th, stayin in avoca in river if ya need to find me

hey! so am i! im in rye but my bf is in foyle in river

hey! so am i! im in rye but my bf is in foyle in river
    ah sure then we're bound to see each other so you can get the donation, whats your group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I find stuff like this heartwarming, you should throw a fundraiser of some form in The Venue, there's enough brains on here to help you advertise it/get the numbers and hopefully, make a few bob.

I am poor as a banker at the minute, but come college I'll be sure to try throw a few bob towards this. Well done.

ah sure then we're bound to see each other so you can get the donation, whats your group?

my group???:p

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I find stuff like this heartwarming, you should throw a fundraiser of some form in The Venue, there's enough brains on here to help you advertise it/get the numbers and hopefully, make a few bob.

I am poor as a banker at the minute, but come college I'll be sure to try throw a few bob towards this. Well done.

Sorry... complete noob Q but where is the venue........?????!!!!!

thank u :p

• Advertisement

my group???:p
    as in your registering group

im group 10

as in your registering group

im group 10

oh right! 13! mh109, media studies... im heading up on sunday though to really get the msot outta freshers week

oh right! 13! mh109, media studies... im heading up on sunday though to really get the msot outta freshers week
    yeah im thinkin of doing that too, so you should bump into me someday and get the donation

yeah im thinkin of doing that too, so you should bump into me someday and get the donation

k coolio! thanks a million- il be posting up loadsa posters around the place too so u should be able to recognise myself and the other guys from the poster

k coolio! thanks a million- il be posting up loadsa posters around the place too so u should be able to recognise myself and the other guys from the poster
    ha no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

hi louise, im gonna be living on campus too so if i see u around ill definitely give you a few bob for the cause! Im the one in the orange, so if u recognise me around b sure to attack me 4 money (dont worry, ill enjoy it ha ha)
    444953750a11554964473l.jpg

@Louise: Friendly tip! You may want to tone down that signature before a mod sees it. Pic is too big for the boards.ie signature rules (to stop everyone having painfully large and epilepsy-inducing sigs). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

did u mean me? i just attached a pic and couldnt resize it..im rubbish at these board things :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

Sorry... complete noob Q but where is the venue........?????!!!!!

thank u :p

the venue is attached to the SU bar...don't worry, you'll find out where it is pretty quickly! :P

it's behind the callan building on north campus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I'm in Rye Hall and group 13 too! :)

Advertisement