Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premier broadband

• 02-09-2009 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi

any reviews about this company im out in the sticks in between emo and portarlington and seen a sign with these had a look at website and can see speeds upto 4meg home user 50 gig limit which doesnt seem to bad for a wireless connection ....few questions ....how strict are they on this 50 limit and also is the connection any good for gaming

my other choice is eircom/bt but i think i would be lucky to get 1 meg :rolleyes: as i done a bit of research and i reckon im about 6km from the local exchange....and also with this soolution i would need to pay line rental where as with the wireless i dont ....

so any feedback would be good thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrhappy1972

no info then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There may not be any of their customers here, since they're only a small and localised outfit. The cap is likely to be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sazza

keep away from this crowd - any issues they will ignore you and you will have to get your own engineer to fix their equipment

All comments made are of my own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

Cap will ceratinly be enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sazza

Replaced their dismal service with meteor broadband - 10 times better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

sazza wrote: »
    keep away from this crowd - any issues they will ignore you and you will have to get your own engineer to fix their equipment

Ha, so it's not just me that they ignore, with Alphawave myself who seem to be connected to Premier (apparently managed by the same "engineers").
    Connection was terrible the last few months, had to fix it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

I am coming to this topic late. I just responded to a comment on another thread and feel some of what I wrote might be relevant here too with some additional info.

I have had some experience with this operator in the past, they are based in Clonmel (http://www.premierbroadband.net) this was about three years ago and even though they promised a reliable service in my area it was pretty hit and miss; in fact, it was more miss than hit and led to all sorts of problems. I really had some nightmares with them and had to return to eircom, who, for all their problems and terrible speeds, sometime seemingly as slow as dial-up are at least reliable....

They do enforce the download limit. But worse than that, when I was with them they would not permit any downloading from sites such as btjunkie or other Peer-to-peer file sharing sites. Things may be different now but I a don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

pat13wx wrote: »
    I am coming to this topic late. I just responded to a comment on another thread and feel some of what I wrote might be relevant here too with some additional info.

I have had some experience with this operator in the past, they are based in Clonmel (http://www.premierbroadband.net) this was about three years ago and even though they promised a reliable service in my area it was pretty hit and miss; in fact, it was more miss than hit and led to all sorts of problems. I really had some nightmares with them and had to return to eircom, who, for all their problems and terrible speeds, sometime seemingly as slow as dial-up are at least reliable....

They do enforce the download limit. But worse than that, when I was with them they would not permit any downloading from sites such as btjunkie or other Peer-to-peer file sharing sites. Things may be different now but I a don't know.

No need to bring up such an old topic really.
    No ISP permits (knowingly) any kind of illegal downloading, and rightly so. But there are no technical restrictions on PB's network to do so.
    I know only two people who are subscribed to their service, and its working fine for them. Another I know only switched as they managed to get DSL in the area.

I reckon the mods could probably lock this thread now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

pat13wx wrote: »

You are referring to two different operators with similar names in different parts of the Country.

Premier Community Broadband operates in Tipperary & parts of Kilkenny.

Premier Broadband Limited via its sister company, Bounce Broadband Limited operates in most of the midlands and does not cover any of the Tipp region.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

You are referring to two different operators with similar names in different parts of the Country.

Premier Community Broadband operates in Tipperary & parts of Kilkenny.

Premier Broadband Limited via its sister company, Bounce Broadband Limited operates in most of the midlands and does not cover any of the Tipp region.

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to the the one based in Clonmel; the identical names led to the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Old thread with an unrelated bump post - closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement