Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange, weird and unusual pets for TV documentary

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I currently prepping a documentary for Irish television and it's going to feature Ireland's most unusual pets. The programme will be one hour long and I'm looking for pet owners who would be willing to patricipate.

The weirder the pet - the better. I'm trying to veer away from the exotic pets that we usually see - spiders, snakes etc (although I wouldn't rule any of them out). Alternatively, if you have a pet with a special or unique talent, then I'd also love to hear from you. Or, if you have a great number of pets, I'd also be interested.

All that would be involved would be a couple of sit-down interviews with the owner (owners) and some time getting shots with the featured pet.

If you are in any way interested, or know anyowe who may like to participate, then please PM me.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have a few unusual pets - a monkey, a skunk & a pair of coatimundis.

I also have birds, lizards, snakes, rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

I have PM'd you, might know another girl who might be interested. I'll ask her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CAPTIAN CRAZY

hi ,i have 60 birds canarys ,golides ,mules ,etc, turtles ,spider, breaded dragon, some large an rare tropical fish ie prehistoric catfish , praying mantis , an a crazy dog ,piranhas , and 3 mental children :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

OP I hope when you do this programme that there is a mention on the responsibilty of keeping more unusual animals and the mention that unless you have an expereinced exotics vet nearby that it's pointless.
    It's hard enough in Ireland to get a vet that can deal with 'exotics' like guineapigs and rabbits and birds so it's vital anyone thinking of getting such pets can contact their vet at any time day or night in an emergency.

Heard so many sad cases lately of your run of the mill rabbit or budgie etc. that hasn't been treated for illness and have died because no vet in the area could or the owner didn't think about this before they got the animal.
    So anything more 'exotic' could easily run the same risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

OP I hope when you do this programme that there is a mention on the responsibilty of keeping more unusual animals and the mention that unless you have an expereinced exotics vet nearby that it's pointless.
    It's hard enough in Ireland to get a vet that can deal with 'exotics' like guineapigs and rabbits and birds so it's vital anyone thinking of getting such pets can contact their vet at any time day or night in an emergency.

Heard so many sad cases lately of your run of the mill rabbit or budgie etc. that hasn't been treated for illness and have died because no vet in the area could or the owner didn't think about this before they got the animal.
    So anything more 'exotic' could easily run the same risk.

Yes, we will take all that into consideration. In fact, a large part of the focus of our programme will be about the responsibilty of owning pets full stop - exotic or not. And we are planning to interview experts who work in animal recovery and shelters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

ferrets as pets! not for hunting!
    lol think clothes, sand pit and paddling pool....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I've got 20 snakes (including an albino boa constrictor), a green iguana and two geckos.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Hi all.

Many thanks to everyone who responded in this thread or PMd me.

Unfortunately the programme has been postponed until next year but I will be in contact with you all again when the time comes.

Again, many thanks.

Advertisement