Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freaks and Geeks - The Complete Series (R1 DVD) - €32 delivered [Amazon US]

• 02-09-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Put this in a 'Freaks and Geek' thread on the Television forum but thought it deserved a place here too.

51BHwDU2eNL._SS500_.jpg
    Buy it @ Amazon US

One or two things to note: this is being despatched from US so may be inspected by customs and subject to further fees, and this is a Region 1 DVD (so you need a multi-region DVD player to play it!).

I cannot recommend this DVD enough... my favourite boxset I own and my favourite TV series EVER!

Here's a listing of the vast range of special features:
    Disc One: "Pilot," "Beers & Weirs," "Tricks & Treats"

• Five audio commentaries with actors Linda Cardellini, Jason Segel, John Francis Daley, Martin Starr, Samm Levine, writer J. Elvis Weinstein, director Jake Kasdan, the parents of Daley and Sarah Hagan, Judd Apatow, Paul Feig, and several Freaks and Geeks fans
    • Seven deleted scenes, alternate ending, extended scene, and outtake
    • Audition footage of Cardellini and Segel
    • Four NBC promotional TV spots

Disc Two: "Kim Kelly is My Friend," "Tests & Breasts," "I'm With the Band"

• Six audio commentaries with actor Segel, writers Mike White, Gabe Sachs, and Jeff Judah, directors Lesli Glatter and Ken Kwapis, "Fredricks," "Kowchevski," and "Rosso" (actors commenting in-character), Apatow, Feig, NBC and DreamWorks Television executives, and production and crew members
    • Three outtakes and an alternate cut
    • Audition footage of Daley, Starr, and Levine
    • Behind-the-scenes footage

Disc Three: "Carded & Discarded," "Girlfriends & Boyfriends," "We've Got Spirit"

• Six audio commentaries with actors Cardellini, Daley, Levine, Segel, Dave Allen, and Seth Rogen, writer Patty Lin, Feig, Apatow, and three Freaks and Geeks fans;
    • Ten deleted scenes, two outtakes, alternate ending, two alternate cuts
    • Audition footage of Rogen

Disc Four: "The Diary," "Looks & Books," "Garage Door"

• Six audio commentaries with actors Daley, Starr, Levine, Rogen, Sheppard, Sam McMurray, and Joe Flaherty, writers Lin, Rebecca Kirshner, Gabe Sachs, and Jeff Judah, director Bryan Gordon, Apatow, and Feig
    • Five deleted scenes, two outtakes, four alternate cuts
    • Audition footage of Busy Philipps

Disc Five: "Chokin' & Tokin'," "Dead Dogs & Gym Teachers," "Noshing & Moshing"

• Four audio commentaries with actors Franco, Starr, Hagan, Wilson, Philipps, Claudia Christian, and Miguel Arteta, music director Mike Andrews, writer Bob Nickman, director Kasdan, Apatow, and Feig
    • Four deleted scenes, one outtake, two alternate cuts
    • Blooper reel

Disc Six: "Smooching & Mooching," "The Littlest Things," "Discos & Dragons"

• Four audio commentaries with actors Cardellini, Hagan, Rogen, Daley, Starr, Levine, Sheppard, Segel, Jerry Messing, Natasha Melnick, and Joanna Garcia, writers Kasdan and White, Apatow, and Feig
    • Seven deleted scenes
    • Final blooper reel

Also included in the box set is a 28-page booklet containing a Q&A with Apatow, an essay by Feig, and a collection of "geeky" photos.

Works out at €32 delivered (as indicated below)..

88839964.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Thanks basquille,

Used to love this show {and had a bit of a crush on Lindsay ;) } when I was younger.
    basquille wrote: »
    Put this in a 'Freaks and Geek' thread on the Television forum but thought it deserved a place here too.

51BHwDU2eNL._SS500_.jpg
    Buy it @ Amazon US

One or two things to note: this is being despatched from US so may be inspected by customs and subject to further fees, and this is a Region 1 DVD (so you need a multi-region DVD player to play it!).

I cannot recommend this DVD enough... my favourite boxset I own and my favourite TV series EVER!

Here's a listing of the vast range of special features:

Works out at €32 delivered (as indicated below)..

88839964.gif

Advertisement