Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced Vocalist needed

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Band of 3 very experienced musicians (guitar + bass + drums) looking to complete line-up with an experienced, powerful & charismatic vocalist - We play anything from post-rock to full on (old & modern) metal. I would describe the sound as fresh and innovative with nods to various styles while keeping a solid heavy rock / metal foundation.

I would like to hear recorded demos from potential candidates. I think any experienced musician should have their work on record.

We have 5 fully composed / polished tunes at the ready and plenty more ideas to develop. We would expect everyone in the band to contribute to the development of new (and existing) compositions.

For anyone interested, drop me a line.

Cheers,
    Michael

PS: Hope the ad doesnt seem too dry. We're nice guys but we know what we want! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭rachel_123

hi guys,

where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Diveonthe12th

rachel_123 wrote: »
    hi guys,

where are you located?

Hi Rachel,

We're all in city centre Dublin.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinWan

heya im a singer...im properly trained like riam classical but do rock/pop stuff myself on the side

more interested in your genre there have you a myspace or anything i could have a goo at?

ps age wise???

Hi D-Wan. i have a myspace but it only has a couple if rough ideas. One of them was developed into a song with the band (the longer track) www.myspace.com/baldyfrenchfcuk

We're jamming this saturday in Rathmines if you'd like to come have a listen.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shamrock99

im a singer in the wicklow area im nearly 19.....im really outgoing an commited...... i love to work hard to get some where with music......i sing anything really especially stuff like blink and forever the sickest kids......but i can sing pretty much anything even scremo lol......pm me if ur interested guys:)

• Advertisement

PM sent SHAMROCK99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭rachel_123

too bad, im in cork :(

thanks anyway and goodluck with the search!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

http://www.bebo.com/In-Flux

Thats me singing with one of my old bands. Any interest?

I've got tonnes more stuff if you are interested.

Been in a few bands. Played countless gigs.

Loads more info. Just see if you're interested first!

We're doing a heavy rock / metal band lads. Not classic rock or pop rock!! Ok i feel i need to be more specific:

I like bands like Biffy Clyro, Killswitch Engage, Reuben, Symphony x, Fight like Apes, Marty Friedman, Paramore, Django reinhardt, Fear Factory, Duke Ellington, Some electro, Rammstein, Pantera, Gojira...

The bass player likes: Mainly traditional, power & neoclassical Metal. He's an accomplished bassist who can play most styles of bass with authority. (tapping being his fav)

The drummer will blow your mind - He's into: Metal, Jazz / Fusion, Afro Cuban, Samba... etc

Imagine a mix of all that. Tha's what we sound like. An eclectic, technically proficient band. We're looking for an eclectic, technically proficient singer.

Well that link has just acoustic stuff on it, and its fairly old.

http://www.bebo.com/analseepage-
    I sing the first two songs on this one, its not acoustic.

I can sing in most styles. I got what you meant originally! Just wasn't really thinking.

But if you're looking for growling or screaming then count me out :)

• Advertisement

The recordings are VERY rough!! But thanks for letting me hear them. We're jamming on sunday afternoon in Rathmines so if you're about drop in to hear the tunes and sing a few notes if you dig it.

Wont be around until Sunday week I'm afraid. But if you're still looking for somebody then I'd be more than happy to call down.

We can next sunday. We're not going to rush into anything so i doubt we'll have found what we want by then!!!! very unlikely!!! :)

Hi Folks,

We've decided to record a demo of our tunes instrumental before seeking a vocalist. It will save us the hassle of going a gazillion applicants who reply to this ad on impulse.

Advertisement