Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cologne

• 02-09-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I'm visiting my girlfriend who has recently moved to cologne for 12 days, any advice on places to go, things to see, places to eat etc...........

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 manofthemoment

Go to the Dom (Cathedral) go up the steeple there and view the city, go for a walk along the Rhine. I think the big modern building next door is the Roman museum. Visit the Chocolate museum which is just a walk along the river front. Go to SATURN which may or may not be the biggest music shop in Europe but it's a good store. Try some of the clubs and music venues around.

Think about hoping on a train and visitng some of the cities nearby like Dusseldorf which is good for an afternoon or Münster which is a nice university city to walk around. Bonn is very close by train too and that has some great museums. It's a packed region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Get the cable car over the river and then walk through the park to the beach club and spend a few hours sippin Mojitos if you get the weather.There is an entrance fee of €4 I think but you get a drinks token for that, to stop people coming in spending the day and no money.

CIMG1341.jpg

http://km689.rhein-terrassen.de/index.php?id=31

As for saturn, our hotel was in the saturn building. Its a pretty big cd shop, think it is the biggest. Cool thing is you can scan any cd at a listening point and you can listen to the whole thing before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Thanks for that advice, I have a few friends taking a holiday in Dussledorf at the time so we'll probably call up there for an evening or too as well, Keep the ideas coming!

The beach club looks amazing, thanks for the info Slunk!

Any good gyms in Cologne to keep me entertained while she is at work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The Dom as mentioned is a good laugh if you can make it up the steps in one piece. If you do go, I'd stop at the Church Bells level and take a break.

If you into spa's then Claudis Therme is a great place for a visit. Massive Spa with Sauna's and Steam Rooms etc. Its beside the Cable Car on the opp side to the Dom. I was there in January and the Cable Car was not open.

You could also get your names engraved on a Lock and attach it to the Main Bridge at the back of the Dom, there are 1000's of locks on it, if your the Romantic type!

If your into Music the shop above is a good visit and of course MusicStore if your into Musical Inst, it is the Biggest Music Shop in Europe.

Advertisement