Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian starter - Samosa

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Firstly: Is there somewhere i can buy ready-made Samosa to serve as a starter for a dinner?

Secondly: Some samosa i've had are wrapped in a pasta like an egg-roll, but others are more bready, like this: http://www.gopalsrestaurant.com/Samosa.gif.
    I prefer the bready ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Unfortunately I haven't seen the bready ones about :(

Lidl do the pastry ones in a mixed box with bhajis (frozen) and tesco & m&s do samosas in their chilled Indian foods secttion.

If you're in Dublin Karuna's Kitchen in the temple bar food market on Saturdays do lovely (vegetarian) samosas to take away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Filo pastry is often used because it's more convenient and less time consuming. However,a real samosa consists of the bready casing shown in the OP's image. I agree that the bready ones are much tastier, and its a shame that not many indian restuarants take the time to prepare them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

you can get indian foods in the freezers in Aldi or Lidls

Advertisement