Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property investor - how screwed am I?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

DJDC wrote: »
    I stand by my assertion that no Irish houses have risen in value in the last 8 months, it just doesnt make any sense in an environment of oversupply, higher taxs, tighter lending and higher unemployment. And we are talking about actual prices achieved not selling quotes from auctioneers. So if someone put their house on daft for €20 last christmas for the laugh that doesnt count. Auction results are the only transparent price indicator here, not fallacious word of mouth stories. I look forward to anyone proving me wrong with real facts.

I am not saying they have gone up, just that every house has not gone down 10% in last 8 months. This is simply an average figure. Some will have dropped a lot more, some a lot less and possibly some gone up. So for example if you bought a house 8 months ago and manage to screw the seller totally, knocked an extra 20% off its value then your property will have gone up.

The only way to proove it is to look at all houses bought 8 months ago and sold this month. I cannot imagine there are many of those. You are asking for real facts, well, why don't you prove you are right with real facts:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I am surpised this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055620650 didn't attract more attention, I liked it because it was not about opinions but the facts of what people know regarding the selling price.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well my house value has fallen more then ten percent.

i had it valued 2.5 years ago at excess €450k and they now selling for €249k

there are a lot of "facts" floating around, and these "facts" are making people think the market is a lot worse then it is. this forum is intent on scaring the living daylights out of people trying to buy houses or asking questions about their house value.

the market will never improve with all this scaremongering going on.

at the end of the day, i have no intention of selling my house but if something happened and i had to, i know i would still be walking around with a nice little profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

irishbird wrote: »

there are a lot of "facts" floating around, and these "facts" are making people think the market is a lot worse then it is. this forum is intent on scaring the living daylights out of people trying to buy houses or asking questions about their house value.

I'm just wondering did you complain during the bubble when people were urging to buy and get on the "ladder" at any cost, as if they didn't, they'd never be able to afford a place?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

there are a lot of "facts" floating around, and these "facts" are making people think the market is a lot worse then it is.
    As opposed to the "facts" being floated by certain interests in the media to make people believe that the market is in a better state than it actually is?

Prime example - Frank Fahey telling us the market is already rebounding :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Shepherd3

well my house value has fallen more then ten percent.

i had it valued 2.5 years ago at excess €450k and they now selling for €249k

the market will never improve with all this scaremongering going on.

at the end of the day, i have no intention of selling my house but if something happened and i had to, i know i would still be walking around with a nice little profit.

Read some of the old posts and see some of the attitudes to prices falling, that's scary.

Advertisement